FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Pump Hanger

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Pump Hanger

I've just about got the fuel pump ready to drop into the tank but had a quick question. One of the hardlines that comes down from the pump hanger has this orange/brown cap on it. Are we supposed to remove that or leave it as is? The manual shows it ready to install with that cap in place but I don't trust the manual.

See picture:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metros View Post
    I've just about got the fuel pump ready to drop into the tank but had a quick question. One of the hardlines that comes down from the pump hanger has this orange/brown cap on it. Are we supposed to remove that or leave it as is? The manual shows it ready to install with that cap in place but I don't trust the manual.

See picture:
    Leave it there. It is like a check valve. it will open up to let fuel back in the return line.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Damnit. I worked ahead and figured I'll just switch it to the outside end of the hardline and remove it later if that's what I'm supposed to do. Never anticipated that it would work like that.

Fortunately I trimmed enough of the hanger to allow it to fit in without too much wrestling.