BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Security, Keyless, and Immobilizer Modules

Post Thanks / Like

Security, Keyless, and Immobilizer Modules

OK, Everything's ready for my 818 to run, but im trying to remove the security system, keyless entry module and immobilizer wiring. Any one know how to trick the ECM into thinking all the interlocks are met for these systems? Basically delete these modules.

Thanks
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,
    I was trying to do the same thing.
    The ecu, immobilizer module and key are a matched set.
    Best answer was to keep the modules in the system. Then zip tie the electronic taged key to the ignition switch antenna.
    you can do away with the keyless entry.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 09-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, i got a little over zealous when i was trimming the wiring harness and cut the keyless entry module from the car, so i think i might have to trick the immobilizer into allowing an engine start. Do you have any idea how to do that. I know that the immobilizer and the ecm have 2 wires that connect them but all my troubleshooting efforts have failed to start the car. Any help in the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm assuming this is an 06-07 wrx? Either way the keyless entry is not needed. You do need to hook up most of the other wires on the immobilizer control module. There should be a ground wire, an antenna, two ECU connections, and 3 fused connections. One of the fused connections powers the security light, as well as sends a signal to the immobilizer module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, it's a 2006 wrx, at least it was. I think I've got all those wires hooked up but the security light will flash sometimes. Either way the car doesn't start. Any other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    security light should always flash, it has constant battery voltage with the trip/odometer. alright, I would double check every connection to make sure they are hooked up correctly. I built my own custom harness so im trying to remember everything. Do you have the electrical diagram for the immobilizer? If not, ill post all the connections.

Post Thanks / Like
    pin 1 (white) pin 14(red) are the antenna. They hook up to the antenna right behind the ignition cylinder. should also be a twisted pair.
    Pin 24 (green wire) should have ignition voltage from fuse #11 in the regular fuse box.
    pin #2 (black and red) should have constant battery voltage through the horn relay. This wire I believe is powered through the cruise control and horn circuit.
    Pin #3 (lilac and red) goes in with fuse #2 on the main box with the power side of the security light.
    pin # 5 (brown and red) goes into the other side of the security light.
    pin #9 (white and green) goes to keyless entry so it is not needed
    pin #10 (red and yellow) goes to pin 26 on b136 on the ecu
    pin # 23 (yellow and black) goes to pin 34 on b136 of the ecu
    pin # 15 and 25 (both black and red) splice together and go to ground

there is also a very important ground wire in the cluster wiring that needs to be hooked up for the security light/trip/odometer/cluster to work properly. I forgot to hook it up, and everything would work intermittently.
    Last edited by philly15; 09-21-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pin # 26 white / red goes to the steering lock assembly this is used to tell the immobilizer to check the key code when key is inserted.
    You may have a yellow wire on pin #8 this goes to the dash, door light indicator ( +12 volts )

Post Thanks / Like
    I work better with pictures. This is out of the 06 manual.
    imb1.jpgimb2.jpgimb3.jpg

imb4.jpgimb5.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 09-22-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 33803
    I check the 06 wiring diagram, can't find the wires. On my 07 those wires are shown.
    Last edited by 904svo; 09-22-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^I forgot about those, I eliminated the interlock and just soldered the two wires together for fused power. works fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the help, got her running on Friday and took her up the street and back just yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help, got her running on Friday and took her up the street and back just yesterday.
    congradulations on getting it running
    tell us what you found wrong?
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The immobilizer wasnt plugged into the steering wheel, with out that conecting the immobilizer module cant read the code off the key and it wont start. Kinda embarasing but im glad it was something simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to be able to open old attachments? I can't open the attached image in post #10 of this thread by 904svo.