Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 FFR fuel tank help please

Post Thanks / Like

818 FFR fuel tank help please

A request to any and all in the 818 community - especially those that are using Boyd fuel tanks. I'm much of the way into assembly of my RHD 818 in New Zealand, and I cannot locate the electrical connecting plugs attaching to the Factory Five fuel pump assembly and the sender unit. I could contact Joe at FFR - however I can not guarantee that these were not delivered, I have most likely misplaced them ;-(
    If anyone could help with either supply or location for sourcing them - they may suit a common USA fuel pump? I would be happy to reimburse for these... Please PM message if anyone can help?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They are standard Ford plugs off an 88-93 mustang in the states on the pump and sender. if you are using the Boyds tank, then you only need 6mm ring terminals.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wayne, Im using the standard FFR 818 tank - so was hoping someone using a boyd tanks would have these as surplus spares? I'll search Ebay for the Mustang connectors... Cheers,

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a set, saw them the other day. I bet you can pick them up at your local auto salvage, if not let me know.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Would this stuff help? I have the Boyd tank so I have these parts left over. I think it is 80402 Box 7 - except fuel tank, fuel cap and filler parts.
    IMG_1278.JPG
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Wayne. Unfortunately Mustangs are very rare in NZ. All here are private imports and are few and far between. Down in NZ we live in a vehicle market dominated by JDM - so perhaps WRX's are as common for us as all the American brands you have. Pete, thanks for the parts you have available. I did suspect that builders using the Boyd tank might have these bits as spare. I fitted my fuel pump and sender into my FFR tank soon after my kit arrived (a few months back), so all I am searching for is the two electrical connectors - looks like they are in the little sealed bag you picture. If these are surplus to the Boyd tank build, I'd happily reimburse you for them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin, I assume this is what you need?

Unless these are wrong, I'll mail them to the address in your PM. I'm envious of these two little guys who will spend their lives in beautiful New Zealand. Payment is a beer when I return to NZ some day in the future.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).