FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New FFR MK IV Owner Ferndale, WA

Post Thanks / Like

New FFR MK IV Owner Ferndale, WA

Awaiting delivery of FFR# ? (Won't know until 10/10) Flying out to FFR Oct 10th for tour and to see Roadster before Stewart Transport picks up for the 3170 mile trip to N.W. Washington.

Ordered complete kit with following Summer special options: powder coated frame, leather seats, cutouts, 3-Link, vintage gauges, stainless side pipes, wind wings, chrome roll bar, 15in wheels, Goodyear billboards on order, wiper kit, heater kit (not sure I'll install), visors, floor mats.

Will be powered by a 331 stroker AFR185 heads dressed in vintage look aluminum polished Cobra valve covers, Cobra T-Pan, Original S1MS-9424-A Cobra intake, Oval Cobra air cleaner on top of Holley 750 dp T-5 and 8.8 Diff w/3.73 Other options to include Fortes drive shaft loop, mechanical throttle linkage, Breeze upper and lower radiator hoses, front battery mount kit, Finish line glove box.

Silver or Black (can't decide) powder coated aluminum panels and lizard skin SD & CI cockpit and trunk area.

Leaning towards Mclaren crystal laurit silver with no strips maybe meatballs

Have found this forum very helpful the past month of waiting!

Have the snake den all cleaned out and ready to get started.
    Garage.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, hope you make it to a few o the NW Cobra Club events
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. Congrats on the order.

It looks like you are lining up for a nice build.

As far as the heater goes. I am in Florida and I am GLAD I have a heater!!! I also have heated seats that I have used. It can be cold early in the morning heading to a track event. You guys are probably tougher up there.

One comment about the T pan. Are you talking about the aluminum one? If so, MAKE SURE (110%) that it is above the frame rails. Steel pans dent. AL pans break and dump your oil out if you hit something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tony Interested in meeting other local Cobra enthusiast. I'll checkout the website. Rick Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Avalanche325 it is the aluminum T-Pan see pic. I'll watch the clearance when I get to that point. Hate to damage this piece.

Tpan.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome - I'm an old-school guy, if you can't tell by my posts... and I really like the dates you mention (see my signature block).

Best of luck with your build!
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome to hear about your purchase. Sounds like you have a wonderful build plan.

Have a safe trip to and from FF. It is a fantastic place filled with terrific people.

Best of luck with your build.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your visit at FFR, you will be visiting a place full of terrific people from top to bottom.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

I have followed your build daily and really like what you have done. Nice Job! I didn't notice your pickup date until you pointed it out. If Alaska Air would let me bag check it I'd be bringing it home with me on the 10th and seeings I'm about as far as you can be from Wareham I'll probably be the last stop for the Stewart folks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Doug Can't think of any better way to burn some Alaska Air miles... looking forward to a 3 hr visit with the folks there before heading back to Logan for the return trip home to pace in the shop waiting for the delivery

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the club. I'm still waiting on my kit. We should get our kits at the same time. Still waiting for confirmation though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Rick,

Also check out the northwest forums at

www.ffcars.com
    www.clubcobra.com

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bruce will do. Took my Pilot training and check ride at Spanaway airport a few years back

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rick
    I live down in Snohomish if you are ever down this way and want to stop by. I'm about 30 days or so from dropping in my engine in my MK4

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Seat heaters and heater blowing full hot this time of year is really nice!!! Wipers have been used a lot here lately. I have been getting caught out in it about 1/2 the time this past month.
    One of the last Mark II's, FFR complete date 5/8/04, delivery date 5/23/04, donor-'93 Mustang GT. Yes, that is me in my Avatar. Paint done by Da Bat! It looks killer! Drive it like you stole it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats!
    Looks like a very well planned build for you.
    The 331 stroker will be "fun" in the roadster, my rebuilt/upgraded 302 dynoed @ the wheels at 285hp, this is pretty good for these cars, but you can always want a little more.

With the 331 increased hp & torque, however, I would suggest 3.55 gears or even 3.27's. With the 3.73 you're going to be doing more shifting and 1st will be almost useless. 3.73 is not bad, but 3.55 or 3.27 is better. (I'm running 3.55 and first gear is a quick shift thru the intersections)
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Shop! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    MPTech. Thanks for the heads upon the gear ratio. I'm running a 347 with T5Z and 3.89 in a 9 in in my 65 mustang. I think the tire height are about equal @ 26.7 in rear. 5 speed sure makes it nice to drive on freeway wish I'd done it years ago. Your right about the HP A little more is always fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear from all the local Wa Folks. I'm down in Bay Area today and had a chance to stop by Roger Kraus racing to check on the Goodyear billboard order. Sounds like just a couple more weeks for the order to arrive from Good Year. They are out of the molds and curing
    I also stopped by ********** for a tour of the new place in Martinez. They are going to have a great Cobra museum open in November and the parts room is getting stocked with all the good stuff. Picked up some goodies from Taylor as we walked the shelves. If you are in the area stop in and check them out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mslone View Post
    Nice Shop! Congrats!
    Thanks Mslone there are 2 more bays not pictured where all the fab tools and another 65 couple sitting on a rotisserie that I'm in the middle of complete restoration. It got shoved in the corner to make way for the roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorcraft View Post
    Welcome Rick
    I live down in Snohomish if you are ever down this way and want to stop by. I'm about 30 days or so from dropping in my engine in my MK4

Jeff

I might take you up on that Jeff. I do pass through Everett couple times a month and could swing through Snohomish I'll be headed to Monroe for the swap meet on the 11th I'll PM you my cel # if you want to contact me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmiller64 View Post
    I might take you up on that Jeff. I do pass through Everett couple times a month and could swing through Snohomish I'll be headed to Monroe for the swap meet on the 11th I'll PM you my cel # if you want to contact me
    Damn I'll be gone on the 11th and I'd a loved to hit the swap meet. Well let's keep in touch for sure. Just PMd you my number.
    I work from home a lot so I am normally around . I am not against driving to Ferndale either when the big delivery day arrives!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy, I live down in the sw corner of Washington and have a MK II that I bought from Dale G. He did a great job putting mine together and it is spec'd almost identical to your build except mine is injected. Dale had "Street Rod Painter" do the paint and it still looks great ten years later. It is painted a Dupont color called pepper metallic with black metallic stripes. Pepper metallic is a silver that is between a light silver and something darker like gun smoke. Your welcome to come and check it out, just give me a shout, or share an e-mail address and I'll ship you some pictures. Girl friend and I did Wareham about 4 yrs. ago and everybody on here are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the great people at FFR. It was special to me when the company owner takes some time out of his busy day to greets us and spread some joy!!!
    Love to here from you, Doutie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wayne! Did you ever evolve to the ISIS power system?
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rick, I got my call from Joe Scott wanting payment. The finish date is the 11th, so I should be getting my kit a week or so after that. YAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and welcome to the madness!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rezell3d View Post
    Hey Rick, I got my call from Joe Scott wanting payment. The finish date is the 11th, so I should be getting my kit a week or so after that. YAY!!!
    I sent payment about a week ago without getting call. It cleared bank on Thurs. thought maybe it would speed up getting the wheels shipped. Brining rear disk break Kit back with me so I can finish up the rear ended which came back from powder coater yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    Congrats!
    Looks like a very well planned build for you.
    The 331 stroker will be "fun" in the roadster, my rebuilt/upgraded 302 dynoed @ the wheels at 285hp, this is pretty good for these cars, but you can always want a little more.

With the 331 increased hp & torque, however, I would suggest 3.55 gears or even 3.27's. With the 3.73 you're going to be doing more shifting and 1st will be almost useless. 3.73 is not bad, but 3.55 or 3.27 is better. (I'm running 3.55 and first gear is a quick shift thru the intersections)
    Have to agree with Mark.. These cars are too light to need 3:73's.. I would really think hard on 3:27 gears with a 331.