Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coolant capacity

Post Thanks / Like

Coolant capacity

Does anyone have a general idea of how much coolant it takes to fill the coolant system? The stock vehicle was a little over 2 gallons, with all the additional tube is it around 3 gallons? I'm at 2.5 now but haven't burped it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to get 13 quarts in, the last 2 were slow. I pulled a slight vacuum at the open 5/16 port on the top of the radiator. That helped a lot. I will check again once I start it for the first time, providing I get it to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just around 3 gallons
    818S frame #13 Jdm version 8 ej207

Post Thanks / Like
    I got three gallons in mine and I haven't started it yet - none on the floor. After doing all the usual stuff, I took the top tube of the radiator and got about three quarts in the tube with a funnel. I have a heater core, so I think I might end up needing four gallons.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed the extra fill / flush valve near the heater core feed line, so that gave me two relative high points on the car to fill from. I got about 2-1/2 gallons in initially through the two fill spots. After running the engine for a while, we had to lift the front end as high as possible and run the engine to help eliminate air in the lines. I'm just over 3 gallons now, but I suspect that there is still a bit of air to bleed out. I manage to get a few more ounces in each fill port every day, but it should be very close to full now.
    TriguyDave
    818 noobie builder
    First start: Sept 28, 2014
    Go-carted: Oct 4, 2014
    Registered and Street legal Sept 30, 2015
    Calgary, Alberta

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at a bit over four gallons now. I think it's mostly bled, but it hasn't been up to temperature yet, so probably a little more to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run the engine in total about 3 hours. I have just over 3.5 gallons in the system and I think I'm done.