Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front light bulbs

Post Thanks / Like

Front light bulbs

My donor WRX suffered a frontal crash. As a result the front lights and bulbs were all mangled or missing. The FFR manual says the "high beam connector, bulb, and directional bulb are all Subaru". Anyone know what part numbers I need to source? I think the high beam bulbs are 9007. I have since determined that the 9007 bulb that fits the Subaru is wrong for the 818. Although it correctly mates with the connector, the plastic bayonet mount of the bulb is way bigger than the hole in the FFR supplied front light fixture. Also, FFR does actually supply the bulbs needed for the front directional. Should I be looking for a bulb to fit a Camry fixture?
    Last edited by tmoretta; 10-02-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    the sockets seem to be the same for the high and low beam an the camry housings.
    My 2002 donor headlights do not fit in the camry housing so i was just going to get another set of the headlights the kit came with and split the high beam from the low beam on the stock socket.
    Did your turn signal/reverse lights come with a pigtail?
    mine did not and i can't find the part number for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It turns out that after contacting Jay at FFR, he admitted that, as I have an early donor car, they should have included another pair of new pig tail headlight sockets and bulbs, which they have since sent me.