Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: mhill349

Post Thanks / Like

mhill349

I am in the Tidewater region of Virginia, recently retired and anxious to start the process. I have a small garage but a large basement so guess where this build will take place. A few logistical matter are being addressed like installing a rollup garage type door and perhaps additional electrical circuits for lighting and such.
    The MK-4, in the end, will incorporate a quiet military theme, think 1st Cav.
    I'm a newbie to the forum thing but I hope the learning curve as well as my build will be a great deal of fun.
    Stoked for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Your plans sound interesting and I will be following your build.
    Doug

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum. I like the basement redesign plan. You should have plenty of room: sort of a garage/man cave thing.

I don't quite understand the military theme unless you are talking about the paint scheme. But if you are installing 50 cals or rocket launchers, I wanta see that!!!

Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Doug, the basement -garage door is now on the schedule and I'll be picking up the donor motor asap. I'll freshen up the low mileage 429, crank, valve train, intake etc. and about midway through the motor work, pull the trigger on the kit.
    More to follow,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you WEK,the basement -garage door is now on the schedule and I'll be picking up the donor motor asap. I'll freshen up the low mileage 429, crank, valve train, intake etc. and about midway through the motor work, pull the trigger on the kit.
    Search the 1st Cavalry and the distinct emblem, I'm thinking of incorporating this below the front fender vents, maybe. I have some history with them dating back to 1969.
    More to follow,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Y'all, I have a few news flashes to report. The 429 will be ready soon (maybe this week),I've ordered and received lots of goodies like new in-take,carb,distributor,blah, blah blah, I've sourced the transmission and supporting parts. Sent the deposit and a tentative date is established. I'll contact FFR tomorrow with final payment and contact Stewart for freight arrangements as well.
    Looks like Christmas will be more than special for some guys in Virginia.
    More to follow,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Wek, I have a few news flashes to report. The 429 will be ready soon (maybe this week),I've ordered and received lots of goodies like new in-take,carb,distributor,blah, blah blah, I've sourced the transmission and supporting parts. Sent the deposit and a tentative date is established. I'll contact FFR tomorrow with final payment and contact Stewart for freight arrangements as well.
    Looks like Christmas will be more than special for some guys in Virginia.
    More to follow,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great updates Michael!

If you need help posting pics, let me know. We love pics!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help thus far. I stopped by to see my 1969 429 motor and it dawned on me that the motor first came to life during the same year that I was engaged in S.E. Asia. I mentioned in an earlier post that I may do a quiet military theme and I am giving this further consideration. At this point the delivery looks like after January 1st and by then I hope to have most of the other details ironed out.
    The build basically looks like this. A 385 series,429 mated to a TK 600 and lots of goodies in between.
    I'm having TOO much fun thus far and I will endeavor to learn to post photos and try to glean as much fun as I can.
    Stay tuned,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,
    I admit that I've been remiss in that I've yet to post pics. At this point the motor is 99% complete so I have photographs I would like to post. I am on schedule for delivery for my complete MK-4 right after the holidays. Jolene at Stewart alerted me that FFR is going like gang-busters to make things happen and I am excited as you can imagine. My Son is working long hours so even though he is equally committed to this project as I am, this may be a slow build initially until we can can find more time to get things rolling.
    Thank you for your offer of help posting pics, I accept.
    Michael