BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For Sale - Mk3 Roadster #5125 Non-donor build SE Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale - Mk3 Roadster #5125 Non-donor build SE Michigan

*** CAR IS SOLD ***

I’m about to wrap up my second Roadster build (http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rogress-Update) and the agreement all along is that we only have room in the stable for one completed car. So it’s time to offer up Mk3 #5125 for sale. I do so reluctantly because this car has been an absolute pleasure to own and drive. But a deal is a deal.

The car will be available after my last scheduled event for this year on November 1, 2014. Asking price $35K. I’m willing to talk about delivery within a reasonable distance from SE Michigan. I have a covered trailer.

I have detailed build records in an Excel file that will be provided with the car. Titled in Michigan as a 1965 Factory Five Roadster. VIN F5R1005125RD. I have the clear title.

Video of cruise: (turn up your sound!) Cruise_03142012.wmv - YouTube

Slideshow of completed car: Finished Slideshow by edwardb123 | Photobucket

Now for the details:

This MK3 Roadster started life at Midwest Cobra and Classics in Toledo, Ohio. They were a premium fabricator for these cars, including the black 427 that Dave Smith used to drive. For #5125, they built only the chassis as a roller for their showroom and car shows. The chassis and all aluminum parts are beautifully powder coated in bright silver. Several parts, like the gas tank, are powder coated in gloss black.

I purchased the car from them in 2009, and spent the next two years completing it. I’ve driven it three seasons now. It just turned over 4,100 miles a couple weeks ago. The engine was rebuilt at the time of the build. The balance is a new non-donor build. It is well sorted. Starts instantly and is immediately driveable. It is a pleasure to drive. Tracks perfectly and is rock solid without any shakes or rattles. Other than a couple short drives by my grown sons, I’ve been the only driver. All street cruising. It has never been tracked or raced. Everything on the car works. It still looks brand new with no visible signs of wear anywhere.

The car has many custom touches and features, and shows beautifully. It has won numerous awards, including a class award at the very prestigious Detroit Autorama. I was really surprised and pleased with that one! Many tell me this is one of the best replicas of its type they have seen. I don’t repeat that to brag, only to reinforce that it’s a nice car.

Engine: 91 5.0 roller block. Bored .030 to 306 C.I. New crank, crank and cam bearings, SRP forged pistons, existing forged connecting rods used with new ARP bolts. Machine work, balance, deck, short block assembly by D&S Motors (Motor City Muscle) in Clawson, MI. AFR 165 heads, COMP Cam hydraulic roller lifters, camshaft, Ultra Gold roller rockers, Edelbrock Air Gap intake, Edelbrock water pump, Quick Fuel SS-650 carb, Milodon baffled pan, Melling select oil pump, ARP oil pump driveshaft, Canton windage tray, March pulleys, mini-starter, MSD billet distributor and 6AL box. BBK 4-into-4 headers, Stage 8 fasteners. Mustang radiator and cooling fan with Painless fan control thermostat. The engine has never been dyno’d, but the builder estimated it at 375-400 flywheel HP. It’s very strong and lively, sounds great, and has just the right lope at idle.

Drivetrain: Stock Ford bell housing, Ford Racing flywheel, King Cobra clutch, T5z transmission with aftermarket shifter, Denny’s Drivshaft 1330 custom driveshaft, Ford 8.8 Trac-Loc solid rear with 3:55 gears and Moser axles, Ford Racing diff cover with cap supports.

Front suspension: SN95 spindles, FFR LCA’s, FFR Koni coilovers

Rear suspension: 4-link with FFR upper and lower LCA’s, FFR Koni coilovers. The full aftermarket setup, not the donor one. It drives and rides just fine.

Steering: FFR Unisteer manual steering rack

Brakes: Whitby vacuum power assist, Cobra PBR twin piston with 13 inch rotor front, Ford Varga single piston with 11.65 inch rotor rear, Power Stop Evolution ceramic pads, braided stainless flex lines. Brakes work very well with good balance.

Wheels: Team III Hildebrand 17x9 front, Team III Hildebrand 17x10.5 rear, 5-lug. Note the rears are the deep dish style. Very cool. Wish I had them on my Mk4.

Tires: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD SSS 245/45/ZR17 front, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD SSS 315/35/ZR17 rear. Tires still have plenty of tread and run fine.

Exterior: Beautiful show quality Ford Vermillion Red (E4) PPG 4217, non-metallic base coat/clear coat with GM Arctic White (WA9567) PPG 4185 stripes. Professionally done by a local painter who does a lot of custom work. What few rock chips, etc. it had have been repaired. Paint is 9.5 – 10 condition. Underside of body and splash guards have heavy bedliner coating. Chrome plated driver’s roll bar with hidden bolt, chrome plated quick jacks, polished Whitby louvers, Tangent running lights in oil cooler opening, FFR/Lucas wipers (work fine and actually park), Breeze rear view mirrors on wind wings, Dark Water Custom top mounted rear view mirror, replacement American made windshield from Guardian Industries, Whitby SS windshield inserts, beautiful GAS’N polished SS side pipes. The underside is just as clean and polished as the top. All powder coated. No rust, leaks, visible wear or damage.

Interior: Newer style steel frame FFR low back vinyl seats, SN95 pedal box, AC pedals, Dark Water Custom dead pedal, full Lizard Skin insulation, footbox vents, FFR carpet in excellent condition, Dark Water Custom door sill trim, FFR leather wrapped steering wheel, Mike Everson shift boot, shift ball, e-brake handle, Classic Instruments gauges, Ron Francis harness, Russ Thompson turn signal and accelerator pedal, ********** glove box, Herb’s door panels, cup holders, hidden dash mounts, 12V accessory outlets, footbox lighting, headlight on chime, heated seats, no space heater.

Trunk: Fully carpeted, gas struts, light, Optima battery in billet mount, master cut-off.

The Roadster has many other custom features including filler panels in the engine compartment (a nice touch from Midwest Cobra), CNC brake reservoirs, armored brake lines, main fuse panel in glove box, FFR floor mats, dash grab handle, Cobra air cleaner painted body color, Nomex radiator protector, custom snapless tonneau cover. I’ll even include a car show sign with your name if interested.

PM with questions or for contact info.
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-15-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added VIN
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen this car up close and in person---it is OUTSTANDING! I was a little shocked at the asking price because that is a screaming bargain for a roadster of this caliber. It won't last long...

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I've seen this car up close and in person---it is OUTSTANDING! I was a little shocked at the asking price because that is a screaming bargain for a roadster of this caliber. It won't last long...

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. Very kind remarks. Truly appreciated.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking car! Very nice detail! Someone will be very lucky!
    I just purchased one from someone 6 months ago and negotiated down to near your asking price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry5544 View Post
    Great looking car! Very nice detail! Someone will be very lucky! I just purchased one from someone 6 months ago and negotiated down to near your asking price.
    Thanks! Too bad you didn't wait for this one.

Seriously, seems I need to throw some dirt on it or maybe add a few scratches. Couple of comments/inquiries suggest this isn't a driver. Maybe my listing talked about shows too much. I enjoy them, but I drive it every chance I get too. It's been to London three times and cruised all over Ohio in the process, in the Woodward Dream Cruise three times, plus weekend cruises with our local club. Miles are down a little this season because of work and personal schedule, building another car, plus the weather just hasn't been the greatest this year. Not a trailer queen though. It's a driver. Really!
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-08-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is SOLD. Thanks everyone for your interest. It's got a great new owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew it wouldn't take long! Someone got a great car

Jeff