BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm Home !

Post Thanks / Like

Wink I'm Home !

Thanks FFR for taking the time putting OUR a new forum together. It's like the old days. Owned and operated by our family. I like it

Happy Building, Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I didn't realize the other forum wasn't a factory-five effort... kinda feel like a bit silly putting cash into their legal funds... oh well!

Glad to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Yeah I didn't realize the other forum wasn't a factory-five effort... kinda feel like a bit silly putting cash into their legal funds... oh well!

Glad to be here.
    Don't feel silly. CS named several entities in his law suit including Factory Five and the predecessor to FFCars dot com. Everybody named in the suit was wrongfully sued. One went out of business. FFCars survived with help from all of us. There was a personal price paid by Bill the owner of FFCars resulting in the sale of FFCars to new owners. Everyone was affected but would have been worse without the support we gave. So don't feel silly.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see others here. Ron - looking forward to seeing your car on the road!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mmaragos,

My punch list is getting shorter. I fixed my reverse light now the rear camera is DOA. The Horn is next and then the windows. I bought Mikes interior hoop cover and I found a interior light/sunglass holder and Homelink unit out of a 02 Honda Accord that fits perfectly into the hoop cover.

TTYS, Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to one of the nicest and most talented guys I know! Your expertise is very appreciated here Ron!

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,

Thanks for your friendship as well. True friends or should I say family.

This is what I mean. I was coming home the DMV ( I finally got my license plate) and the traffic was terrible. Prior to leaving that day I hurried and I didn't bleed my coolant system well enough and it over heated on the way home.
    I called my wife and she brought me some more coolant which I put in my car. It only got me a few more miles before the temp reached 285* I pulled over and my wife drove me home to get the trailer. My neighbor Skip who owns a few hot rods came along to help. When we drove by my GTM I saw a piece of paper sticking out of my door. Naturally I though it was a ticket for parking in a no parking area. Much to my surprise it was a note from a good friend of mine Sherman ( who has a FFR Cobra) was driving around looking for me to see if I needed help. Sherman called our mutual buddy Rob who by the way has a FFR Cobra to get my phone number. Sherman called my house and talked to my wife and found out that I was picking up the GTM with my trailer.
    Of course the wench remote battery was dead and Sherman the nice guy he is drove all over to find a battery which he couldn't find anywhere.

We found the problem which was the main battery fuse so Sherman drove me to my house to get another fuse ( by the way carry extra fuses). I got the car home and everything is fixed thanks to my FFR friends.

Suffice to say you meet the nicest people in a FFR car.

Happy Building, Ron
    Last edited by Ron565; 02-19-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I Agree with Roger, we needed to help the other forum fend of the chicken farmer. This is all part of a great family, car guys shareing ideas. My hope is this new forum will attract new ffr builders and with the great support from guys like Ron and David the family will continue to grow.