Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carbon Fiber-Bodied FFR Roadster For Sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Carbon Fiber-Bodied FFR Roadster For Sale

ADMIN EDIT: Posted on behalf of Pete Tork. Please PM him with questions.

Hopefully he'll see this thread...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR SALE; One of 25 Carbon Fiber bodies, (76#'s) One owner, World Aluminum block 427 c.i. small block Chevy, AFR heads, Jesel shaft rockers, Callies crank, 2 key ways, Callies rods. Diamond coated blower pistons. Gapless rings, solid roller Comp cam, Isky EZ bushed solid roller lifters. Custom aluminum oil pan. 3 quart accusump. Full MSD ignition. Aeromotive fuel system, 20 gallon Fuel safe fuel tank. F1R Procharger & innercooler. Carb Solutions Unlimited blow through carbureator. McLeon duel disk clutch. G-Force T56 Transmission, 6 speed. 3 link 8.8 solid axle rearend. 31 spline Moser axles and locker. Wilwood disk brakes. Qa1 adjustable shocks. Custom headers 1 7/8 primary into 2 inch. Engine is offset 2 inches to right to offset driver's weight. Two extra rims for rear. Rims from PS Engineering. Lizard skin heat insulation. Classic instruments. New carpet. Titled in Kansas since 1998

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks so much, I'm new to all this computer stuff. Irene Tork

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know how much weight going to a carbon fiber body saved?

Thanks,

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOTIS BILL View Post
    Anyone know how much weight going to a carbon fiber body saved?
    Mark Daugherty and I had this conversation a few years ago. He was working directly with FFR way back when those bodies were produced and said that the exact number of CF bodies made is unknown but he believes it to be fewer than 20. One of those was on the "X" car that Dave made famous by rolling, then winning with at RunN'Gun in '98 or '99. He recalled the weight reduction of the main body to be ~40 pounds or so but there is also savings in the doors, trunklid and hood so the full body saved in the neighborhood of 75-80 pounds over the glass bodies of the same vintage . That is an important consideration because those glass bodies were heavier than today's so in comparison to a Mk3 or 4 the weight reduction would be less. In the end it seems the carbon fiber bodies were a bit of a science experiment that are a rarity and an interesting piece of Factory Five history.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, that is very interesting. I made a carbon fiber body for my DSR as an experiment also. The body for it was much smaller and only used 3 layers of 7oz cloth with stiffeners in some areas. The glass bodies weighed about 50 pounds and the CB body was about 35 pounds. I replaced the bodies every two or three years when I came up with new changes I wanted to try. I think the longest any one of the bodies lasted was 4 years. . Now I want a CF Type 65 body.

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we have pictures, email me and I will sent them to you, my email [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This went to moderation so here's a bump.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)