BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HELP - Need inner cv wire clip

Post Thanks / Like

HELP - Need inner cv wire clip

Hi,
    I was surprised to find the wire clips that are supposed hold the tri-lobe CV joint together were missing from my donor's front inner joints. both are missing so I guess they just forgot or omitted them when the boots were replaced.
    My question is, does anyone know of a source for just those wire clips?
    Subaru sells the whole joint only ($168 each). Rockauto catalogs a BECK/ARNLEY boot kit that shows the wire clip as part of it in their catalog photo (part # 1032824) but alas, no clips. They tell me that BECK/ARNLEY stopped including the clips in their boot kits some time ago and they will refund my money...
    Very minor part but it's brought my whole 818S project to a hault ("for lack of a nail a shoe was lost.....")
    Thank you and ALoHa,
    Hawirick

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try your local Subaru dealer? (not sure if you have one) Or here - check out the part labeled 28333 in the diagram if you have an 02-04 donor:

http://www.newenglandsubaruparts.com...11-280-02.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much (much mahalos). That's exactly what I need. I searched two different on-line Subaru parts places (Subaru Parts Depot & Subaru Genuine Parts) and neither one broke out the clip in their catalogs. Would have had to order the whole CV joint because all the components come under one part #. I'll print this drawing out and take it to our local Subi dealer and see if they can help me
    (didn't try that yet).
    Thank you again and ALoHa!!
    Hawirick

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the local Subaru tuning shop and asked if they had any used axles. Got one for $20 with a perfect cv but torn boot. They usually replace the whole axle when the boot is torn because axles are so cheap nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Thanks,
    That's a great idea too. I know this is really a minor issue but it had me stumped. I'm so glad that I asked the knowledgeable and helpful folks on this forum. We've ordered just the wire clips from New England Subaru Parts and I should get them next week. Cost just $3.22 each plus $10 shipping. A real bargain imho.
    Now I have another "go to" Subaru parts source.
    On to the next challenges...
    Thank you, Mahalo and ALoHa,
    Rick