Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scotty

Post Thanks / Like

Scotty

I purchased my 33 on 12/12 and experiencing signal light & brake light problems ,I made modification that ff told me by cutting yellow & white wires in dash ,stopped my front running lights form staying on but having tail light issues problem seems to coming from column, brake light switch no feed, removed orange feed wire and replaced with white from column, that was in manual
    I read the power comes from flashers, no power to white wire to brake light switch from column, getting flashers but no tail lights or Directionals with tester, ground is good
    getting poor service from ff, don:t call back

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trouble shooting electrical hands on can be hard enough not to mention over the phone or internet. Not defending FFR, but not sure how much they can be of help or even here on the forum. I wired up my column and got my lights working, but that was a while ago and have no idea what I did, but I did follow the manual. Do you have the Ron Francis wiring schematic that came with the wire harness?

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You shouldn't expect FFR to help you much. You should be contacting the manufacturer of the wiring harness. I had the AAW body harness from FFR and a Summit EFI harness. I got excellent support from both tech support people at the respective companies over a long period of time. I had a similar issue with the stop light circuit that they helped me fix. For my situation, I had to purchase a GM style pigtail/switch that had the brake circuit built in but it was not a column type like yours. You can try FFR but for the most part they are not the electrical experts only the distributer of the electrical product. Good luck as electrical can be a b****, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished my wiring and all works perfectly. I did not cut the wires that FFR said to cut in the latest update.
    After studying the ron francis wiring diagram, the wires they said to cut are supplying the feed to the column. I figured I try without cutting as its "easy " to cut rather than splice.
    The only wires I am using from that part of the dash plug are the left and right signals to dash indicators.

Like arrowhead said - follow the schematics and you should find the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made lots of modifications to my harness to eliminate the roadster dash switches that are handled by the column in the hot rod. I don't know what I did, but I wish I had documented it. So far everything seems to test out fine. I eliminated the headlight switch in favor of rocker switches and planed many other electrical changes but once I got into the harness gave up on some. I just thought like an electron and figured it out. electricity flows from + to -. After looking at the wiring diagram from FFR it sounds like you are on the right track. FFR should really make a 33 specific harness, it would make the wiring so much easier.