Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Group Buy: Moore Performance Blast Plates

Post Thanks / Like

Group Buy: Moore Performance Blast Plates

Moore Performance Blast Plates

Available now! $375 Shipped USA 48

paypal- [email protected]

Moore Performance BlastPlates are heavy duty steel, precision welded and are finished with a layer of brilliant black powdercoat*. The package also includes high strength tubular spacers and grade 10.9 hardware.

BlastPlates are bolted through existing bolt locations that hold the two halves of the transmission together (the transmission will have to be either lowered or removed for the installation). By bolting these plates onto the outside around the gear set the stiffness of the case is increased, improving gear mesh tolerances under shock loading and high torque situations. These plates are made of very heavy gauge steel (plates are 3/16″ thick!), with steel being roughly 2.5 times stiffer than aluminum.

BlastPlates are a perfect upgrade for any 5 speed manual transmission, from stock horsepower levels to Stage 2 and Stage 3 levels. There is no hp or tq limit, however this product will allow ANY gearset to achieve maximum power (or much more) due to proper tooth engagement under extremely high load and torque. We’ve personally dyno tested BlastPlates to over 750 horsepower!

Key Features and Benefits:

• Fully CAD-designed
    • Developed and tested using FEA analysis
    • Precision-welded construction
    • Custom class 10.9 hardware utilized for high case torque-up.
    • Heavy Duty black powdercoat for both looks and durability

*Custom powdercoating is available for an additional cost.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AJW Performance; 09-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was brought up a couple years ago, your the fist vendor to make it available.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...9-Tranny-brace

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    This was brought up a couple years ago, your the fist vendor to make it available.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...9-Tranny-brace
    Thanks! These are becoming quite popular on NASIOC and other Subaru forums. We all know the 5 Speed's are known to break and this might give a little more insurance to others!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for ten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Still looking for buyers

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been selling a lot of these to our normal Subaru Customers. 818 customers can benefit from these to help remove the glass transmission issue many Subaru 5speeds face!

Post Thanks / Like
    These are still available. Selling like hot cakes to our normal Subaru Customers! Great insurance if you are using a used transmission in your 818!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    These are still available. Selling like hot cakes to our normal Subaru Customers! Great insurance if you are using a used transmission in your 818!
    Hey AJW,

Is there any information/testing/proof that shows how this works and if it really makes a difference? Cheers
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamshackle View Post
    Hey AJW,

Is there any information/testing/proof that shows how this works and if it really makes a difference? Cheers
    Moore Performance has done extensive testing with their own vehicles and have broken into the 10s at over 750 WHP. We've had customers install these and agree that their transmission feels tighter, and stronger after install. It's a product that we 100% approve of and support.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess my question is "is this worth the weight?". Any ideas of weight of the support?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    And still there is no solid information on if it helps or not... Personally I think it's snake oil.
    I don't blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's presumably to prevent flex in the transmission. With 250-350 hp I can't imagine there's much flex in the case. 500-700 hp though, probably some, i'd imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, I talked with Matt at Moore Performance about some of your concerns and this is the e-mail I received.

"Unfortunately we do not have the white papers available to the public just yet, with so many copycats and counterfeits on the market worldwide we don't feel comfortable releasing them. The Blast Plates were CAD designed and FEA analyzed before production but he best evidence is the success rate of our customers and yours and even some subtle evidence from Subaru - almost every year you see more webbing and reinforcement in the casting for the case halves. Our Blast Plates take this reinforcement to the extreme."

We have had a ton of success with these on our other group buy threads on various formus such as NASIOC and Legacy GT. The Subaru community really likes these, and they seem to be helping with the 5 speed transmissions. We have seen many customers over the year blow out these transmissions. Affordable insurance for your transmissions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Because they were drawn up in cad doesn't mean they're definitely better than any other "copycats" nor is 4 bolts. 2 plates, a few square tubes, five minutes of welding and since powdercoating "affordable" at $300+. At half I might consider them pricey but possibly worth it. I could easily make them on my own and buy the same bolts for under $100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
    Because they were drawn up in cad doesn't mean they're definitely better than any other "copycats" nor is 4 bolts. 2 plates, a few square tubes, five minutes of welding and since powdercoating "affordable" at $300+. At half I might consider them pricey but possibly worth it. I could easily make them on my own and buy the same bolts for under $100.
    I 100% agree. In no way is there $400 worth there. DIY for less than $100 for sure. If they were a machined chunk maybe...
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I thought the 818 has traction issues, if one of us starts to get 700 hp I think the rear tires are going to fail in traction. Unless you side step the clutch into second like Brandon performed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC7492 View Post
    Hi I thought the 818 has traction issues, if one of us starts to get 700 hp I think the rear tires are going to fail in traction. Unless you side step the clutch into second like Brandon performed
    Traction control
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
    This is the common argument I see with these plates, however not everyone has the knowledge or ability to create the same item for that cost. This also does not take into consideration the cost of overhead and keeping the lights on at Moore Performance. It's an innovative product that NO ONE decided to jump on, so to me... good for Moore Performance! If you are not interested that is fine, but I'd ask you take into consideration the other factors in play here for a small business.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the common argument I see with these plates, however not everyone has the knowledge or ability to create the same item for that cost. This also does not take into consideration the cost of overhead and keeping the lights on at Moore Performance. It's an innovative product that NO ONE decided to jump on, so to me... good for Moore Performance! If you are not interested that is fine, but I'd ask you take into consideration the other factors in play here for a small business.
    I run a small business. I understand there are overheads and keeping lights on can be an issue. But I also refuse to support gouging. Marking prices up 800+% is just bad practice and to me proves it's a company just out for cash, not a company looking to build good quality parts that actually help a community.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Moore would make a lot more money if they dropped their prices and sold more pieces. I don't consider it gouging, technically, because no one has to buy these, and almost anyone could make them with a pretty minimal shop. I do think it's a bad business decision on Moore's part to charge so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    20150813_192914_resized.jpg

I got my set. They look great and are well put together. All ready been through one five speed that broke 2nd gear and 3rd gear with aggressive driving. Hoping this will keep my JDM one together. Seen FFR brake 3rd in the blue R car at VIR couple years back with moderate power upgrades. Even at full retail price is cheaper the aftermarket gears or 6 speed swap. Repairing a broken gear cost me more then the blast plates. For me the extra weight is the biggest hurt over the price if they do their job and keep the trans together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they got to you! Thanks for the mini-review!

Quote Originally Posted by taco20 View Post
    20150813_192914_resized.jpg

I got my set. They look great and are well put together. All ready been through one five speed that broke 2nd gear and 3rd gear with aggressive driving. Hoping this will keep my JDM one together. Seen FFR brake 3rd in the blue R car at VIR couple years back with moderate power upgrades. Even at full retail price is cheaper the aftermarket gears or 6 speed swap. Repairing a broken gear cost me more then the blast plates. For me the extra weight is the biggest hurt over the price if they do their job and keep the trans together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for Blast Plates! These are still a great investment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning, first post has been updated to reflect our paypal as well as our pricing. Simply paypal us and we will process your order. No need to e-mail or PM us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't let your tranny become a glass tranny. added insurance is always a good thing, especially when you don't know what teenager kept launching the car before you got it as a donor! :O

Post Thanks / Like
    One of our customers who has these installed on his legacy! He loves them!

"I have 8000 miles with these plates. The tranny shifts great. I'm very happy I got these.

600 miles ago I replaced the Spec Aluminum with a OEM SMFW and Spec 2+ clutch. The SMFW has taken most of the driveline noise away. I had reported a increase in noise when I had these plates installed and the Cobb rear diff bushings. But that noise is gone now.

These plates are the best thing I've done to make the car shift better."

Post Thanks / Like
    20150913_154105_resized.jpgGot my plates installed this past weekend. Looks great, fit awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    20150913_154105_resized.jpgGot my plates installed this past weekend. Looks great, fit awesome.
    Very nice, I like the Green!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, I like the Green!
    If you like that check it out in the chassis. Enough green for ya? Lol20150913_164450_resized.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like that check it out in the chassis. Enough green for ya? Lol20150913_164450_resized.jpg
    Wow! cool color choice, I hope the body will be the same color - it'll really stand out. Certainly worthy of starting a build thread, I noticed you were a fellow VA builder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, now that in unique! I am surprised you didn't paint the plates!

Post Thanks / Like
    20150913_164450_resizedb.jpgTaco20,
    throw a wheel on and let us know if it rubs your lower trailing arm. You need about 1/2" for tire give.
    Most have used a curved arm of some type.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 09-18-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob
    Just a straight arm with a solid bushing and spacer and the front of the arm pushed over to one side.
    I can put on the rotor and wheel on this weekend and take a picture if you want to show how it looks. Should have more clearance then the stock arm did.
    I am running a 18x9.5 rear which didn't rub on the stock arm.
    20150801_184907_resized.jpg