Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings from the Great White North

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from the Great White North

I am late to the forum, having finished (are they ever finished?) the build of my '33 Hot Rod, chassis #609, about a month ago. The kit arrived late last year and, being retired, I was able to work on it pretty much full time for the past nine months or so. I am not a mechanic, but did have help from a technician on the systems that can hurt you if you do them wrong. I built the Hot Rod as a coupe, with a Coyote engine and TKO600 5-speed. To date, I have less than 400 miles on the car and I am still going through the break-in process, so hard to judge how it will ultimately perform; that said, a lack of power is not going to be an issue. Some brief full throttle experiments suggests there is more than enough grunt to scare the bejeezes out of me. Given the winter storage season is almost upon us up here in Canada, I probably won't be able to ring out it on a track until next year as I want to put a few more miles on the odometer, both to complete the break-in and work out any bugs that may pop up. The Hot Rod joins a 2007 Audi RS4 (the daily driver) and an LS3-powered 1993 Mazda RX7 (the track car) in the garage.

I joined the forum for a couple of reasons. During the build, I found references in the public portion of the forum to be very helpful in resolving some of the issues I encountered - perhaps I can reciprocate now that I have gone through the process. As well, I am sure that I will continue to find the collective knowledge of the forum to be helpful as the teething process continues on my build (for instance, leaking master cylinders are causing some sleeplessness right now - I will post my experience and look for assistance a little later).

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum (finally) and we would like to see some photo's of your build.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul, You may want to give our Hot Rod Owners Map your build # and info:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ers-Google-Map

It's amazing that we have finished cars in the 600+ kit numbers already! Congratulations. Long winters do have a way of messing up a good drive!

Welcome!
    Tom in Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome my fellow Canuck... I'm in Welland ontario and have almost 2 years in time, though I took this summer off from the build. Would love to see more pics of interior.

Nick
    Nick Sebastian - 33 Hot Rod #495
    Factory Five Forums - hdnik
    FFCars - lowntubd

Build Site/Blog - www.nicks33hotrod.com

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congrats on the build.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take off it's a beauty way to go!Cograts on finishing your build.Roger