As far as the american sports car goes, the Corvette is the benchmark for a lot of people. Its the premier sports car that is most commonly seen. All of those honda kids feel pretty good if they can beat a stock Corvette. With the nicer weather I have seen a bunch of the new Grand Sport Corvettes out and about.

So now here's the question.....If I pull up to one at the stop light can the 818 take it?

According to GM's website the GS Corvette will go 0-60 in 3.95 Sec. Motortrend says the quarter mile is 12.2@117mph.

Dave says that this car is going to be fast, simply because its a Factory 5 and it has to be to make it out the door. I guess I've defined what I consider fast. Can the 818 make this with the stock WRX donor, or are we going to have to sink some cash to make it faster.

Accroding to this link that Crackedcornish put out there (http://www.060calculator.com/ ) the 818 will do 0-60 in 3.95 Seconds.

And with the typical online quarter mile calculators the 818 will pull off a much slower quarter mile in stock form. But these are just calculators, obviously it will come down to traction and driver for the 0-60, but a quick pull on the highway with a Corvette doesn't look good with out some go fast goodies.

Just some random thoughts from a guy who knows first hand that there is always someone faster out there........