BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiill a basic kit or a stage kit be offered?

Post Thanks / Like

Wiill a basic kit or a stage kit be offered?

I have built two, a Mark I and now a 33. The 33 is done and I love the 289. Funds are a little tight but I could do it if the kit were offered like the Mark 4. The basic kit would be perfect or do it in stages. I think it would sell just as well as the Roadster if done this way. Thoughts Dave? I want to purchase sometime in 2015, but would have to wait til late 2016 to do a complete kit.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave told when I bought mine that the 289 would only be offered as a complete kit....to be honest with you, I would do the complete kit again...it is well worth it!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this due to the kit being an anniversary car or something special or just the way the company wants to sell it.

Tech Support Manager, FFR Tony Zullo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys if anyone want's to do a 289 base kit we are going to being doing it ..... so yes!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet!!!!!

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ask and you shall receive....aint life grand....I would still get the complete kit though
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've heard it said that the kit is very much like a MKIV (uses MKIV chassis) so it would make sense to have a basic kit. Besides the body and a few interior details, it is not a lot different than the MKIV basic kit. If you wanted to make it even more period correct you could move the motor mounts forward a little for the correct engine position. It looks about 2 to 3 inches forward on the originals and some other replicas than on my small block in the MKIII. That wouldn't be a kit thing unless you asked FFR to move the mounts for you as part of the order. Really, it seems like a very doable and customer friendly possibility for FFR. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zullo View Post
    Hi Guys if anyone want's to do a 289 base kit we are going to being doing it ..... so yes!!
    I called today and talked to Jay and he had no idea if a base kit would be offered. I'm in Canada and would order today if it is available...

Vic
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.