BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Used Richmond "Street" 5 Speed Transmission

Post Thanks / Like

Used Richmond "Street" 5 Speed Transmission

Last winter as part of my pin-drive conversion I also swapped transmissions. The only reason for doing so was the 1:1 final drive ratio of the Richmond was lower than than what I am looking for after nearly 20,000 miles. I have not had any problems at all with this transmission. I believe the Richmond is among the strongest manual transmissions you can purchase.

Richmond Part #: 7041710A
    Summit Part # RMG 7041710A

Gear Ratio per Summit Website:
    1st: 3:28/1
    2nd: 2:13/1
    3rd: 1:57/1
    4th: 1:24/1
    5th: 1/1

Included with the transmission is the Long Shifter (minus shift handle itself, used FFR supplied bent shift rod with fake reverse lockout) and a newly powder coated drive shaft with new u-joints (made mistake of not confirming drive shaft would work with new transmission and had it re-powder coated and new u-joints installed).

I also have a Lakewood bell-housing, flywheel and Centerforce clutch (not pictured) which I would sell for and additional cost.

I believe this transmission would be perfect for anyone building a track or predominately drag racing car. (Close ratio)

Costs: New transmission lists for $2,528.00 Long Shifter (PN: HN1000 - not stamped on shifter but I believe this is it): $549
    Drive shaft: Have every bit of $350 into it

$1,900.00 OBO - Transmission, drive shaft and shifterIMG_0879.JPGIMG_0880.JPGIMG_0885.JPGIMG_0888.JPGIMG_0893.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold, thank you