FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight trim ring question.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Headlight trim ring question.

I was mocking up my headlight assembly to the tilt front end. I noticed that most of the pics in the manual show a roadster. The trim ring retaining screw is on the bottom of the unit. Not a problem on the Roadster. How do you attach it in the coupe? there is almost no room to do it. Do you drill an access hole below? Or do you use a hex head screw so you can do it without a hole? Any help is always appreciated. TW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most just stick it on. It sits pretty tight, and with the covers over them they will not pop off.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I put nutserts in the head light bucket so that I can bolt in the complete assembly from the back side. Put the trim ring on and screw it in place then install the whole thing and screw it in.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys. I like the nutsert idea best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am wondering if there will ever be an updated Type 65 manual with all the pictures and instructions for the coupe not just cut and pasted from the roadster manual. I know producing a manual is a very large task but it can get quite confusing when you are looking for information on how a rear panel should fit and you see stub tube for the roadster or the instructions say to install the hood and it shows the roadster hood. I haven’t made an actual count but I would guess 1/4 – 1/3 of the coupe specific pictures are of the roadster. Sometimes I look for a picture that will show something in the background but if the picture is of a roadster it doesn’t help much. I would gladly purchase an updated version and I am sure new owners would appreciate it.

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I drilled a hole below the light and used the screw to attach. The hole also acts as a drain hole, should water accumulate in the bucket.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOTIS BILL View Post
    I am wondering if there will ever be an updated Type 65 manual with all the pictures and instructions for the coupe not just cut and pasted from the roadster manual. I know producing a manual is a very large task but it can get quite confusing when you are looking for information on how a rear panel should fit and you see stub tube for the roadster or the instructions say to install the hood and it shows the roadster hood. I haven’t made an actual count but I would guess 1/4 – 1/3 of the coupe specific pictures are of the roadster. Sometimes I look for a picture that will show something in the background but if the picture is of a roadster it doesn’t help much. I would gladly purchase an updated version and I am sure new owners would appreciate it.

Bill Lomenick

I second that. No reason they could not do an update , IMO.

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOTIS BILL View Post

Bill Lomenick
    Amen, Bill. While they are at it, they could also press the button on their word processing program that produces an INDEX. I suppose this is less of a problem with the digital version, but those of us with paper could sure use it.

Do you think there is any chance F5 might take on the project if some of us promise to supply pictures, text when we know what it should be, and otherwise notate the places that need to be addressed?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Got Pictures of Coupe Headlight and Fog Light Installation?

Pleeeeeese post pictures!
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main