I don't agree at all that issues were quickly dismissed, in every failure we dissassembled the engine looking for any signs of additional failures or any possible causes. We also poured over the data from the Racepak comparing it with exact on track locations, trackside observations, driver feedback, and even in one case we called another driver on the track after the fact looking for info about what the car was doing when it passed him 30 seconds earlier.

In every case there was a clear explanation, and none of the three had any common symptoms or failures, and I can't state this enough times, none of them ever ran hot before the failure occured.

Bottom line is we pushed the limits of preparation time over the summer trying to get as much in as we could, and at the same time trying to push what has been done with the platform. Pushing the platform is something I still think benefits everyone, however doing it in private testing and not high profile events is certainly a better way to go.