Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4.6 2v

Post Thanks / Like

4.6 2v

Greetings,

I recently purchased an 02 Mustang GT as a donor car for a Mk4 Roaster. Any one having experience with this generation Mustang, I would like to know about problems, or peculiarities. Is the power steering too fast, how much foot box room is lost compared a SBF, what is the cleanest way to run the ECU? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You asked a Tech and I'm certainly not one, but I built a Mk3 with a 2000 4.6 2v and loved it. I used the donor hydroboost system for the power steering and power brakes and it all worked very well. No, the PS was not too fast, just the normal 3 turns lock-to-lock as most cars. When you order your kit specify the 4.6 engine and FFR will include a few parts like the footbox panel that allows room for the 4.6. I have size 12 feet and the foot room was okay though I bent the brake pedal to move it to the left and I bumped out the outside wall of the driver footbox and added a dead pedal. I drove it 9,000 miles and then sold it for $43,00 at Barrett-Jackson in 2010, the depth of the recession. Now having fun building an 818. Yur gonna luv yur 4.6!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).