FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thinking I may be doing a 65 coupe. Some questions, particularly regarding height!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Thinking I may be doing a 65 coupe. Some questions, particularly regarding height!

This has really solidified in the last coupe days-- particularly when the GT350 mustang was unveiled. Previously none of the engines particularly spoke to me (I prefer low torque, high revving engines), but now there's a factory engine that should fit nicely in the chassis.

So, some questions...
    1) I'm 6'3. One of the primary purposes for this car will be tracking, which means helmets. I'm fairly confident I'll be fine in terms of leg room, as I sit closer than most people (that's never been an issue in any car for me), but I'm pretty concerned about headroom (plus helmet) and it'll have to be a deal breaker if it can't be made to work. So, regarding headroom... how is it? Is it possible to mount the seat lower? How about a helmet budge in the roof in the style of the GT40-- feasible?

2) I will NOT be trailering whatever car I get to and from the track. I do that currently with my race car, and just despise it. Trailering has sucked half the joy of tracking out of the experience for me. So, that means I would need some sort of mini trailer for an extra set of tires (E.g. rain tires), rotors, pads, some tools, and maybe a folding chair. Is it possible to work a mini hitch into the back of the 65 coupe? Ideally something that is invisible when not in use (as in, maybe aimed down behind the rear bodywork, and then a 90º*hitch when I need to use it).

3) Any reason the new GT350 engine shouldn't work? I assume if the coyote engines are working (seems like they are) and this thing fits in the same chassis, it should work... but I'm new to this :roll eyes:

edit:
    4) Why can't I edit my profile/etc on this forum?
    Last edited by Obioban; 11-26-2014 at 02:09 PM.