Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings from new Seattle area member

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from new Seattle area member

Hello,

I am in Maple Valley and planning to build an 818s. I'm considering build school. My skills are limited but I learn quickly. I have been especially following the posts from Seattle area members in Kirkland, Puyallup etc.

The recent thread from the gentleman who received some very shoddy body panels where FFR flew him out and outfitted him with some proper replacements gave me a little bit of pause about the true no paint quality control issues, and ditto for powdercoating but at least it appears the company is willing to work with the customers to fix problems.

The most uncertain aspect of my build is what engine to go with. I very much want the fastest turbo engine available but it appears there are some issues with reliability and quality from the turbos and it appears engine choice is going to be the most critical.

Any Seattle area builders who would like some help with building or a free lunch to discuss build issues? I'd be happy to meet you.

I don't have any formal racing experience but I have run some laps at Pacific Raceway and I've done my fair share of Sim driving with a pretty advanced PC setup (hey, F1 drivers use them!!).

I have enjoyed driving the very light European Spec'd Lotuses on the sim and especially the X-Bow and from what I've seen of the 818 performance, it is a very light two seater that really sticks to the track and has a good power to weight ratio. Perfect for me.

The videos I've seen showing track runs and comparisons against some really expensive supercars are leaving me salivating at the idea of owning one of these beautiful machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the build school, I did for my 33 and I haven't seen one regret posted from the hundreds that have been there.
    Dale B
    Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the build school!You'll have a much better ideal of what it takes to build one.From my experance FFR goes way out of their way to build a great product and back it 100%.Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whittles View Post
    Hello,

Any Seattle area builders who would like some help with building or a free lunch to discuss build issues? I'd be happy to meet you.
    I will be taking some time off from December 17th to Jan 4th and will be working on the 818 and Challenge car, come on over help out or just observe, we should be fairly close as it takes me like 40 min to get to Pacific Raceway. There is also a great Subaru tuner in your area AVO Turboworld ( http://www.avoturboworld.com ) that I will be using for various things.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress