FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EGR delete

Post Thanks / Like

EGR delete

On another thread there was stated about needing to use resisters to not having the egr hooked up,my question is how to do this with the Ron Frances harnesses since there is no wireing for the egr?

Thanks

Walt

Post Thanks / Like
    Why remove the EGR? In the base case, you will need a EFI harness, I believe.

Not endorsing this action, but the following link has some of the info you might be looking for. I think all the mentioned solutions only keep the idiot light from coming on: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/...e-harness.html

Do research and fully understand any potential pitfalls you might run into. And re-read the "law of unintended consequences".

I say this because I did exactly the same thing on my first build; my mindset was to eliminate all of the power-robbers (emissions, etc.). I did so and it took years to get the car running correctly. Of course, I was (and still am) not very knowledgable re EFI systems.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.