Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Build start for NavyChief crew

Post Thanks / Like

Build start for NavyChief crew

I guess it's hard to say when you start the build but I'm thinking its when you spend money for the first time so it's started.
    With alot of research and number crunching for the better part of 6 months it was decided to move forward with a donor build on a basic roadster. Was searching for just the right donor and couldn't quite nail it down so stumbled onto the guys at a salvage yard that have everything I need for the build for half the price of buying a whole car. Plus I don't have to get rid of what's left after I strip all the parts. Some of the fun is taken out as I won't get to do this part.
    The parts I have so far coming my way are pretty much everything from a 2004 mach 1 with low miles. The only piece that did not was the IRS assembly (28 spline center section) so the FF half shafts would work without getting the ones from DSS. I didn't think I would need the 31 spline center. The rear knuckles are from Jegs (ford racing).

That's it for now as all these parts should be arriving this week. The kit deposit will be coming soon so will have an official number.

Thanks to all the recent build threads as I've had a bunch of ideas that I'm using from them. Especially 2bking, outstanding build thread. I love the powdercoating ideas. Also thanks to John who let me see his car a few months back. Will be talking to you again and maybe have some beers waiting down here to lure you into some free labor. lol
    Last edited by NavyChief; 12-01-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun, bro. No knowledge of mod motors here, but much the same as my 351w based build, look forward to cramped, tight spaces in the engine bay, especially by the driver's footbox. Nonetheless, you are going to love every second of the build. Lots of info both here and the other forum but watch your wallet. Folks love to help thin it with modifications and add-ons!

MMC/SS (ret)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NukeMMC View Post
    Welcome to the fun, bro. No knowledge of mod motors here, but much the same as my 351w based build, look forward to cramped, tight spaces in the engine bay, especially by the driver's footbox. Nonetheless, you are going to love every second of the build. Lots of info both here and the other forum but watch your wallet. Folks love to help thin it with modifications and add-ons!

MMC/SS (ret)
    Can't be any more cramped than under the deckplates cleaning the bilge, lol. Especially on a sub. As far as wallet thinning I'm really good at that on my own.
    I was thinking about making some bug juice to clean the used parts with. Worked great for deck drains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, get back in the bilge and clean that oil up. I want that compartment like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol can't tell you how many times I've heard that. The words "Tiger Team" sound cool at first. Ranks right there with "Mess Crank"
    Well on an update, the kit is ordered and the machine shop is finished with prep on my parts. Now to get the engine back together before the kit shows so I can move it aside.