Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818--Crash-- Car For Sale

Post Thanks / Like

818--Crash-- Car For Sale

As you may have read, I crashed my 818 last weekend and I would like to sell it. The car would be an excellent donor or a project for someone with welding and fiberglass skills. The buyer will receive an 818s, completed up to the finish stage in the assembly manual.

To use as a donor, you would need a new radiator, right lower control arm, steering rack, right tie rod, and cam shaft cover. It may also need a new camshaft pulley and plate.

The donor car was a 2006 WRX with just under 93,000 miles. I ran the engine after the crash, and it sounded fine. I then discovered the damaged cam cover and have not started it since.
    1. A running turbo motor with a new timing belt and a working emissions system. I built it to pass the emissions test in Maryland.
    2. Converted 5 speed transmission.
    3. CV axles. They are made from donor and new parts and were one of the harder parts of the build since only parts with matching internal spline counts can be used.
    4. New front tires (215/40/17) and used rear ones (245/40/17).
    5. New NGK seats with sliders
    6. Boyd fuel tank and cleanly modified rear firewall. This adds about 3 very valuable inches of legroom.
    7. Functioning and clean wiring harness, if you are following the forum, sorting out the wiring harness is a lot of work and not fun for most. More details if you are interested, including a minor crash issue.
    8. Brackets for electrical components, exhaust, etc.
    9. Wiper kit
    10. I will include my chassis dolly and all parts that were not installed on the car.

The car would be an excellent donor, with many of the conversion issues addressed. The buyer could also save time by using the brake lines, painted aluminum, etc now on the car.

For someone with the skills, this car might be repairable. Please see the pictures and see the posts in the general 818 discussions as I am not an expert. You could be on your way to an 818 with a extra little effort.

Please contact me through private message if you are interested. We are in Silver Spring, Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC. If I do not sell the car, I will buy a new frame and chassis from the factory and start again.

Pictures after the crash are at: http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/CRBasin/library/

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent