Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Engine cover block-off"

Post Thanks / Like

"Engine cover block-off"

I have located the engine cover block-off verticle, and the engine cover block-off (bottom bend) pieces. Anyone know at what point in build these alum. panels can be installed. They are not mentioned in the assembly manual. I would like to avoid, again, having to drill out rivets of parts already installed. Are they installed before or after fibergl. body panels?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just installed those two pieces yesterday. You can install them after the fiberglass body pieces so it's best to wait because they would make it difficult to reach the front of the engine, back of firewall, wiring & e-brake cables through the firewall, etc. Install the bottom bent piece first, then the flat hump piece because if you rivet them together outside the car you won't be able to get it into position. From the few photos I've seen, most guys are painting or powder-coating the two pieces black, which is what I did. Add bulb seal to the top.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I think I will stay with the natural aluminum color. I made the mistake of using truck bed coating on my cockpit floor. It has been flaking off/scraping off ever since. I wish I had left it natural also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try sharkhide, makes the aluminum stay in a constant appearance
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it stick well? Does it need special prep/primer? Where is it available?