FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member Hellos

Post Thanks / Like

New Member Hellos

Hello everybody!
    I'm a first time forum user. Presently I own a 1982 Mustang GT. I'm officially an "old guy". I can't seem to shake the jones for building my own car so I thought I'd join the forum and lurk for a while and hopefully get a better feel for what it means to build a factory five. I'll be asking all sorts of silly questions over the next while but "knowledge is power"!
    Peace, Bruce

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    First off, welcome to the forum Bruce. I'm assuming you are interested in building a roadster but you could build a hot rod with that donor too. You might want to study the various threads to decide what you would like to use from your donor and what would be a nice upgrade such as brakes for example. Whatever you decide, the project is fun to build and even more fun to drive. Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wek!
    I won't be using my '82 as it is in too good shape to part out! (Major sin there!) I don't know what platform to use really. I'm thinking of the '33 because I perceive it to be more day to day and all weather user friendly. (Side windows instead of side curtains, etc.) I also would like to keep this build simple and straight forward. Get the car up and running before I allow myself to get deep with any mods. Would a '90's fox be a good donor for the '33?

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome
    Only old farts know what a jones is<> see my screen name
    The 33 is a good choice but you will still want to refine it a bit for your needs. If that's what you settle on building go to that sub forum and ask
    a lot of questions BEFORE you place the order.
    Dale
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!
    Here we go.......off to the races.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 90 fox body will work in your build. Welcome to the forum.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! A 1990 would work fine.I started with a 1992 mustang.Sold off all the parts I didn't use.I ended up making money.Roger