Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Texas Member

Post Thanks / Like

New Texas Member

Thought I’d drop in and introduce myself. Looks like I’m going to be spending lots of time on here. Like most, I’ve been in love with Cobras since I sat in one of the first ones in the mid 60’s. Guess that gives away my age. I’ve been a car nut all my life, having dabbled in drag racing and road racing in my younger days. I’ve spent the last 12 years of my life in the high performance boating world. I just sold my marine business where I’ve specialized in building and tuning offshore type engines (mostly big Chevy based), rigging boats, fabrication, etc. I live on Lake Travis just west of Austin, Texas where I built a small shop and am moving most of my equipment, including my engine dyno. Now I’m just going to play. My first order of business is to build a Factory Five Roadster. I’ve made many great friends over the years in my boating experiences and hope to do the same with the Cobra enthusiasts!

Bob Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,
    You may want to attend Texas Cobra Meet in San Marcos last weekend in March. Below is link of info reg.
    Charles
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...obra+club+meet

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. You WILL meet many great people in this community.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome! A big block chevy in a roadster has been done before.One of those monster offshore motors would make one of these cars fly.Roger