BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: side coolant tubes questioin

Post Thanks / Like

side coolant tubes questioin

hy guys. im having issues with the side coolant tubes. first in the manual is shows them mounted two different locations. one shows them slightly behind the rear wall. the other photo shows them slightly foward of the rear wall. also i cant seem to get the adapter to fit over the tubes or the corrugated hose. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Jerome has a handy tip. See Post #24 in General Discussions/Build Tips.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Take the inner pices and put them in some boiling water for a bit then with some lube put them on the aluminum pipe they are really hard to get on. Once you have those on it should just slip into the bigger rubber pice. I don't remember but I don't think you use the smaller rubber pice on the corrugated hose. I had to use a dead blow(rubber)hammer to get them on the pipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to consider replacing the corrugated hose with some nice aluminum ones.
    See them here
    http://www.replicaparts.com/818%20parts%20page.htm

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. using lube worked. there are some really nice parts on replicaparts.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 818wrx,
    Check my thread post 53 and a few following that. The earlier kits had 1.25 in OD tubes, the newer ones have 1.5 OD tubes. With the 1.5 tubes, you need to use the larger spacers (outer ones from the FFR box kits).

Harley818