FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kooks Exhaust System....taking orders for the next run!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kooks Exhaust System....taking orders for the next run!

Well, the last run of the Kooks Exhaust is complete and I am ready to begin taking orders for the next run. Thanks to all of the guys who ordered last time!

I've worked out a deal with Kooks to reduce the order/run quantity to 5. Out of those 5, most likely I'll be ordering one or two systems to keep in stock until they are sold......then start a new run of 5. So the end result will be in reality that we will only need 3 or 4 confirmed orders for each run, which should speed up the process considerably.

This system is all Stainless Steel, and includes long-tube headers (with O2 bungs welded in), cats, X-Pipe, mufflers, tips and mounting hardware, clamps, and brackets. The main advantages would be increased performance/hp in switching from the stock exhaust manifolds to a long-tube header/X-pipe design. A close second would be exhaust note. This system gives a much more exotic sound than the stock manifolds with the FFR provided H-pipe. Third would be that it's all Stainless Steel, so it doesn't need to be coated (like the FFR exhaust) if you don't want to, and it won't turn into a ball of rust. Yes, you can ceramic coat them if you like. Fourth......well it's just a sexy looking exhaust system!

Price for the whole system is $2183 plus shipping (which averaged around $70 for the last order) for all LS engines EXCEPT the LS7. For the LS7 the price is $2333 for the system plus shipping. This is due to additional work involved in the header flanges for the LS7.

There is only one difference between the "standard" (LS1/LS3/LS6) headers and the LS7 headers, and that is the header flange port shape. The "standard" headers have round ports and the LS7 headers have D shaped ports. Both the "standard" and LS7 headers use 1-7/8" primaries into a 3" collector. The "standard" headers/system WILL fit and work on an LS7 with the difference in HP between running the LS7 headers and the "standard" headers being somewhere in the range of about 2 hp. So yes, if you have an LS7, and you'd be happy to trade the loss of 2hp for a gain of $150 in your pocket, just order the "standard" system for your LS7. This is also the reason that the systems I will be ordering to keep in stock will be "standard" systems and not LS7 systems.

If you just want to order the headers and not the complete exhaust system, you can do that also. Price for the "standard" headers (fits LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6) will be $1230 + shipping and the LS7 headers will be $1380 + shipping. Once again, the "standard" headers will fit and work on the LS7 also.

I can also offer the headers or complete system ceramic coated. Price for coating the headers only is $425, or the entire system for $850.

If you're interested in ordering, please send me a PM with your name, address, phone, email and engine type (LS1, LS3, LS7, etc), and I will put you on the list for the next run. As soon as I have the 3 or 4 orders on my list, I will contact everyone for payment and turn the order in to Kooks. As of this run, I will also be collecting a $500 deposit to get your name on the order list. I have not done this in the past, but on the last 3 runs, I have had people back out at the last minute, leaving me holding the bag. Basically, I make an announcement here that I'm turning the orders in to Kooks, then contact everyone for payment, and if you don't pay, I have several people who have paid and want their system to get on order....which means I have to foot the bill for the system you decided you didn't want at the last minute. My boss/accountant/wife does not like that very much.

I would also like to strongly urge you to be sure of what you want to order when you order it. For every order we turn in, it seems we always have several guys who want to change their order at the last minute and add ceramic coating or delete the cats or go to an LS7 system when they first ordered an LS1 system, etc..... This creates a HUGE headache for both Kooks and I as we try to keep up with who wants what, what they've paid vs what they owe us....and what we've paid Kooks vs what we owe them, etc.

Here are some pics of what you get. Please note that the system in these photos has been ceramic coated. The systems also come with all of the hardware needed to install the system---gaskets, nuts, bolts, clamps, mounting brackets that clamp to the mufflers (brackets are available to mount to G50 transaxles available on my website and sold seperately).

Please note that you will require a couple new spark plug wires to clear the headers on a couple of the cylinders. Here is what I've found that works:

Taylor custom makes them for Street and Performance in Arkansas. Part # TA-2326-BK (black) or BL (blue). Made for LS1/6 with 135degree boots.
    Talk to Mark at (479)394-5711.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC; 02-23-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts