Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kooks Exhaust System....taking orders for the next run!

Post Thanks / Like

Kooks Exhaust System....taking orders for the next run!

Well, the last run of the Kooks Exhaust is complete and I am ready to begin taking orders for the next run. Thanks to all of the guys who ordered last time!

I've worked out a deal with Kooks to reduce the order/run quantity to 5. Out of those 5, most likely I'll be ordering one or two systems to keep in stock until they are sold......then start a new run of 5. So the end result will be in reality that we will only need 3 or 4 confirmed orders for each run, which should speed up the process considerably.

This system is all Stainless Steel, and includes long-tube headers (with O2 bungs welded in), cats, X-Pipe, mufflers, tips and mounting hardware, clamps, and brackets. The main advantages would be increased performance/hp in switching from the stock exhaust manifolds to a long-tube header/X-pipe design. A close second would be exhaust note. This system gives a much more exotic sound than the stock manifolds with the FFR provided H-pipe. Third would be that it's all Stainless Steel, so it doesn't need to be coated (like the FFR exhaust) if you don't want to, and it won't turn into a ball of rust. Yes, you can ceramic coat them if you like. Fourth......well it's just a sexy looking exhaust system!

Price for the whole system is $2183 plus shipping (which averaged around $70 for the last order) for all LS engines EXCEPT the LS7. For the LS7 the price is $2333 for the system plus shipping. This is due to additional work involved in the header flanges for the LS7.

There is only one difference between the "standard" (LS1/LS3/LS6) headers and the LS7 headers, and that is the header flange port shape. The "standard" headers have round ports and the LS7 headers have D shaped ports. Both the "standard" and LS7 headers use 1-7/8" primaries into a 3" collector. The "standard" headers/system WILL fit and work on an LS7 with the difference in HP between running the LS7 headers and the "standard" headers being somewhere in the range of about 2 hp. So yes, if you have an LS7, and you'd be happy to trade the loss of 2hp for a gain of $150 in your pocket, just order the "standard" system for your LS7. This is also the reason that the systems I will be ordering to keep in stock will be "standard" systems and not LS7 systems.

If you just want to order the headers and not the complete exhaust system, you can do that also. Price for the "standard" headers (fits LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6) will be $1230 + shipping and the LS7 headers will be $1380 + shipping. Once again, the "standard" headers will fit and work on the LS7 also.

I can also offer the headers or complete system ceramic coated. Price for coating the headers only is $425, or the entire system for $850.

If you're interested in ordering, please send me a PM with your name, address, phone, email and engine type (LS1, LS3, LS7, etc), and I will put you on the list for the next run. As soon as I have the 3 or 4 orders on my list, I will contact everyone for payment and turn the order in to Kooks. As of this run, I will also be collecting a $500 deposit to get your name on the order list. I have not done this in the past, but on the last 3 runs, I have had people back out at the last minute, leaving me holding the bag. Basically, I make an announcement here that I'm turning the orders in to Kooks, then contact everyone for payment, and if you don't pay, I have several people who have paid and want their system to get on order....which means I have to foot the bill for the system you decided you didn't want at the last minute. My boss/accountant/wife does not like that very much.

I would also like to strongly urge you to be sure of what you want to order when you order it. For every order we turn in, it seems we always have several guys who want to change their order at the last minute and add ceramic coating or delete the cats or go to an LS7 system when they first ordered an LS1 system, etc..... This creates a HUGE headache for both Kooks and I as we try to keep up with who wants what, what they've paid vs what they owe us....and what we've paid Kooks vs what we owe them, etc.

Here are some pics of what you get. Please note that the system in these photos has been ceramic coated. The systems also come with all of the hardware needed to install the system---gaskets, nuts, bolts, clamps, mounting brackets that clamp to the mufflers (brackets are available to mount to G50 transaxles available on my website and sold seperately).

Please note that you will require a couple new spark plug wires to clear the headers on a couple of the cylinders. Here is what I've found that works:

Taylor custom makes them for Street and Performance in Arkansas. Part # TA-2326-BK (black) or BL (blue). Made for LS1/6 with 135degree boots.
    Talk to Mark at (479)394-5711.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC; 02-23-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best setup guys. Shane is great to work with. Get cats for the street the sound is plenty loud but not really loud. Delete cats if you are running on the track or want a loud car.

I'm a happy customer. First with cats then ordered the pipes without cats.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    As I have mentioned before, the value of these exhaust systems is HUGE. You can't build a comparable system for this price. No way, no how. If you are looking for an exhaust upgrade, this is the best bang for the buck that I have seen. My exhaust systems that I build usually cost more and that is WITHOUT the custom made stainless steel headers that are included in this kit.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great comments guys!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent pm to get on the list
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have enough orders to turn them over to Kooks. If you ordered, you will be getting an invoice for the balance owed in the next few days....as soon as we get shipping quotes back from Kooks.

For anyone else who is interested in getting a Kooks GTM exhaust system, NOW IS THE TIME!! Either order NOW or wait until we have another 5 orders for the next run....which will probably be mid-summer?

Thanks everyone!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    perfect timing...thanks shane!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane, Can I still get in on this order? Please let me know how to send a deposit?

I sent a PM with request to you also.
    Last edited by 2Sams; 03-21-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Email sent!! Thanks!!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Well, the last run of the Kooks Exhaust is complete and I am ready to begin taking orders for the next run. Thanks to all of the guys who ordered last time!

I've worked out a deal with Kooks to reduce the order/run quantity to 5. Out of those 5, most likely I'll be ordering one or two systems to keep in stock until they are sold......then start a new run of 5. So the end result will be in reality that we will only need 3 or 4 confirmed orders for each run, which should speed up the process considerably.

This system is all Stainless Steel, and includes long-tube headers (with O2 bungs welded in), cats, X-Pipe, mufflers, tips and mounting hardware, clamps, and brackets. The main advantages would be increased performance/hp in switching from the stock exhaust manifolds to a long-tube header/X-pipe design. A close second would be exhaust note. This system gives a much more exotic sound than the stock manifolds with the FFR provided H-pipe. Third would be that it's all Stainless Steel, so it doesn't need to be coated (like the FFR exhaust) if you don't want to, and it won't turn into a ball of rust. Yes, you can ceramic coat them if you like. Fourth......well it's just a sexy looking exhaust system!

Price for the whole system is $2183 plus shipping (which averaged around $70 for the last order) for all LS engines EXCEPT the LS7. For the LS7 the price is $2333 for the system plus shipping. This is due to additional work involved in the header flanges for the LS7.

There is only one difference between the "standard" (LS1/LS3/LS6) headers and the LS7 headers, and that is the header flange port shape. The "standard" headers have round ports and the LS7 headers have D shaped ports. Both the "standard" and LS7 headers use 1-7/8" primaries into a 3" collector. The "standard" headers/system WILL fit and work on an LS7 with the difference in HP between running the LS7 headers and the "standard" headers being somewhere in the range of about 2 hp. So yes, if you have an LS7, and you'd be happy to trade the loss of 2hp for a gain of $150 in your pocket, just order the "standard" system for your LS7. This is also the reason that the systems I will be ordering to keep in stock will be "standard" systems and not LS7 systems.

If you just want to order the headers and not the complete exhaust system, you can do that also. Price for the "standard" headers (fits LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6) will be $1230 + shipping and the LS7 headers will be $1380 + shipping. Once again, the "standard" headers will fit and work on the LS7 also.

I can also offer the headers or complete system ceramic coated. Price for coating the headers only is $294, or the entire system for $650.

If you're interested in ordering, please send me a PM with your name, address, phone, email and engine type (LS1, LS3, LS7, etc), and I will put you on the list for the next run. As soon as I have the 3 or 4 orders on my list, I will contact everyone for payment and turn the order in to Kooks. As of this run, I will also be collecting a $500 deposit to get your name on the order list. I have not done this in the past, but on the last 3 runs, I have had people back out at the last minute, leaving me holding the bag. Basically, I make an announcement here that I'm turning the orders in to Kooks, then contact everyone for payment, and if you don't pay, I have several people who have paid and want their system to get on order....which means I have to foot the bill for the system you decided you didn't want at the last minute. My boss/accountant/wife does not like that very much.

I would also like to strongly urge you to be sure of what you want to order when you order it. For every order we turn in, it seems we always have several guys who want to change their order at the last minute and add ceramic coating or delete the cats or go to an LS7 system when they first ordered an LS1 system, etc..... This creates a HUGE headache for both Kooks and I as we try to keep up with who wants what, what they've paid vs what they owe us....and what we've paid Kooks vs what we owe them, etc.

Here are some pics of what you get. Please note that the system in these photos has been ceramic coated. The systems also come with all of the hardware needed to install the system---gaskets, nuts, bolts, clamps, mounting brackets that clamp to the mufflers (brackets are available to mount to G50 transaxles available on my website and sold seperately).

Please note that you will require a couple new spark plug wires to clear the headers on a couple of the cylinders. Here is what I've found that works:

Taylor custom makes them for Street and Performance in Arkansas. Part # TA-2326-BK (black) or BL (blue). Made for LS1/6 with 135degree boots.
    Talk to Mark at (479)394-5711.

Thanks!!
    These part numbers don't exist anymore (Taylor custom makes them for Street and Performance in Arkansas. Part # TA-2326-BK (black) or BL (blue). ) I just ordered part number TA-2795 which is supposed to be the new part number, we will see.
    Last edited by flickery8; 04-30-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update! Let me know what you end up with.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this back to the top. Ready to take orders for the next run. Thanks!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.....need one more order
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take a set.

I will send you an IM right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!! If anyone else wants a Kooks system in the next few months....now if the time to order if you don't want to wait months for the next run to come around.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. We currently have 2 confirmed orders....need 3 more to turn orders in to Kooks. It has been taking a few months to get enough orders for a run of these, so I would say that if you want a Kooks system for your GTM before mid-summer/fall, now is the time to order so you don't have to wait for the next run to come around.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Got one more order yesterday.....need 2 more to turn the orders in to Kooks.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great hope that we have a couple more jump in soon.

Steve E.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this back up with some new info. I have 2 orders right now for the current run. Both guys have been on the list since early June. Kooks has agreed to do a run of 3 with a price increase of $200 per system. If you want a Kooks system before next summer, I would strongly suggest you get in on this run. Please let me know if you want to get in on this run so we can get these orders turned in to Kooks right away and get them going. Thanks!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.....some interesting developments. In the last few days, we've picked up 3 more Kooks orders, which means (assuming that everyone follows thru with payment), the $200 additional fee will go away. Yes, we will refund the $200 to those who have already sent payment once we receive payment for all 5 orders. Once all of the payments show up, we'll send the $$ in to Kooks and they will start building this run. Again....if you think you're going to want a Kooks exhaust system for your GTM anytime in the next 9 months, I would say that NOW is the time to place your order.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shane,

Very cool to hear you picked up some last minute orders, great timing.

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shane,
    I am also considering the exhaust. Are the payment terms the same as before? $500 deposit, remainder when shipped? Also, any idea on lead time once the manufacturing order is placed with Kooks? Sorry if these questions were already answered and I missed them.

Thanks!
    Michael Kraus
    FFR GTM Building
    Last edited by Mkraus01; 10-24-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now we are waiting for one more check in the mail and we will be sending payment in to Kooks and they will get started on them. Yes, we would require full payment up front right now in order to get you in on this run. Lead time once we get payment in to Kooks so they can get started on them is normally anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. If you want ceramic coating...probably add a couple more weeks to that time. If you do want to get in on this run, please send me an email thru my website and give me your name, shipping address, phone number, if you want the standard system or the LS7 system (standard system can be used on the LS7 also) and if you want any ceramic coating. My email is that the top of this link and prices are at the bottom:

http://vraptorspeedworks.com/custom-gtm-parts/

Thanks!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael,

The last check showed up today, so if you want in on this run, let me know right away so we can get things going. Thanks!

Shane
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    We're getting closer to turning in the orders for another Kooks run. We started this run in November....which means that if you have any desire to purchase the Kooks GTM exhaust system, it will probably be 2019 before we have enough orders for another run. If you want to place an order, email me thru my website and we'll get the process going. Thanks!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC