Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Arizona Cobra owners

Post Thanks / Like

Arizona Cobra owners

I am new to the forum. I live in AZ and have had my eye on a Cobra for 15 yrs. My finances and wife are on board! I am looking to meet FFR Cobra owners in the Phoenix area, and hopefully someone that is willing to let me sit in the car to make sure I fit comfortably. I am considering either a 427 Windsor based motor or the Coyote, and need to compare the difference for my big feet. Also looking to generally meet owners in my area. Thank you in advance! Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, go here: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/

Welcome. I'm in Prescott, building a MK4 roadster with Coyote. Plenty of builders and finished cars in the Valley. Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers, Dale
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, welcome to the madness... I am currently building my mK 4 as well and am located in the Northwest part of the valley... I would be happy to help with any questions...Gordon Levy is a great resource for you as well and is located locally and has build many of these...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thank you Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike...welcome to the FFR family. I live in Mesa and built my MKI (actually have not stopped) and helped many others do the same. Where do you live? You can come to my shop and take a ride and ask questions any time. I have a lift and can put you under my car and explain anything you have questions with. I see you made contact with Karl on the AZ Cobra website. He's a good source of information and lives pretty close to me. Dave, Hector and Bill are also close to me and all drive FFR cobras. I believe Karl invited you to a car show at a Harley Dealer in Chandler on the 25th. The next day, Sun, 25th, Bill, Karl (owns ERA FIA), Hector, Will and I will be out on Firebird East for a track day. Come out and see how the cars handle on the track and meet the "Eastsiders" in action. Welcome to the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mesa Mike. I am heading out to Chandler HD today. My daughters BDay party is tomorrow, so not sure that is going to work. Thank you for the offer to come to your shop. I would love to do that. I live is South Chandler. The next week or two is pretty busy for me, but maybe I can come by in February, just let me know what works best for you. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    While I have not yet built my Cobra, I would appreciate being informed when there are Arizona Cobra events. I did go to Chandler HD on Saturday, and really enjoyed talking to all of the club members. I learned a great deal that I can use in my planning. Good luck to you in your planning, Mike. I live in the Desert Ridge area.