Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vman's 818 Design Ideas

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Speaking of teases.......lol

I'll throw one out. If I ever post the design ideas on the GTM Bird of Prey design, it would blow ppl away!! But I have for now decided not to do that, since most of the ppl that due a GTM have bucks, and if I am going to give away the Bird of Prey I might as well get paid for it...........lol
    There are only 400 or so cars produced and It seems most GTM builders are on tight budgets. If you did something for it, it would be for passion and not money. Not much money to be made in such low production numbers. If they were made in numbers like the roadster it would be different. I'm not showing my GTM redesign because I'm not going to sell it anyway, and I'm doing what I want. I'd reproduce the bodies if people would pay for it, but I don't think most understand what a huge undertaking it is to get from drawings to finished bodies, and why it cost so much to do. It would be easier with the 818s separate panels and the 818 guys seem to be buying more aftermarket stuff than the GTM guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can add to that how many more 818 kits there are going to be out there in another years time.
    The production rate of 818 kits far outstrips the GTM.
    2011 Subaru Forester - the DD - uber rare 5spd manual
    1990 Miata - Track Rat, autocrossing cheap POS - love it
    2018 Factory 5 Racing 818 Hardtop Coupe - preapproved by the wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    There are only 400 or so cars produced and It seems most GTM builders are on tight budgets. If you did something for it, it would be for passion and not money. Not much money to be made in such low production numbers. If they were made in numbers like the roadster it would be different. I'm not showing my GTM redesign because I'm not going to sell it anyway, and I'm doing what I want. I'd reproduce the bodies if people would pay for it, but I don't think most understand what a huge undertaking it is to get from drawings to finished bodies, and why it cost so much to do. It would be easier with the 818s separate panels and the 818 guys seem to be buying more aftermarket stuff than the GTM guys.
    That's why it's a tease....lol The designs that I have done so far, but nothing really totally in photoshop would more then likely be one offs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Working an 818 2.0 version (based on FFR current 818), side view only right now. Going to give me a little trouble for the rear area though, since I haven't found a good rear view picture, unless somebody else finds one.

I hope FFR hasn't made any major changes to the body, if so this will be for naught.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    David, saw this In Erik Treves's build thread. The trunk cover is partially in the way but it seems to be at the right height. Something you can work with?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    David, saw this In Erik Treves's build thread. The trunk cover is partially in the way but it seems to be at the right height. Something you can work with?
    I just might be able to use that to help center the white one in post #26. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    David
    Have you seen this picture?
    Bob

Attached Images Attached Images
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    David
    Have you seen this picture?
    Bob

Nice and clean, unfortunately way too high. Thanks Bob for looking and posting though

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned up post #29, and #30. I also changed Post #78

Those were inappropriate Christian behavior. I try to take responsibility for what I say and do and hold myself accountable.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice and clean, unfortunately way too high. Thanks Bob for looking and posting though
    David,
    For functionality, I need to have a large vent in the rear, like the grey car. (rear radiator) I don't really like the double trapezoid. Can you suggest what modification you would do to the existing rear bumper?
    Thanks
    Bob
    DSC_3163.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    For functionality, I need to have a large vent in the rear, like the grey car. (rear radiator) I don't really like the double trapezoid. Can you suggest what modification you would do to the existing rear bumper?
    Thanks
    Bob
    DSC_3163.jpg
    Yeah that double trapezoid thing just doesn't look right, keeps reminding me of the highway workers with the orange vests for some reason.....lol

The 818 in it's current form, I would say something along the lines of of one of the dark blue mock-ups I posted. just without the factory five piece on the top between the tail lights.

I can take that grey 818S you posted and do a quick mock-up.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 01-17-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,

Here is something quick.

Before & after comparison

818R Rear BCC compare.JPG

818R Rear BCC.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,

Here is something quick.

Before & after comparison

818R Rear BCC compare.JPG

818R Rear BCC.JPG
    Thanks David,
    That is better.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David,
    That is better.
    Bob
    No problem , that shouldn't be to hard of a mod, other then the tail light buckets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to change this post.

I am not going to post anymore 818 design ideas, period!

I am not going to get into why. So sorry to say to all the ppl who were looking for new 818 ideas are on your own, which probably really don't care anyways, which is ok, but for those who needed some help with design ideas I feel sorry for.

After 2yr.s of being patient and hoping for the better, it seems FFR really has no desire to really work with anyone from the outside.

Let FFR figure out design ideas on the 818, because seems like they are going to do that anyways.

and as Paul Harvey would say...

Vman7, good day!
    Last edited by Vman7; 01-20-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated "Terms of Use" in post #1

David

Post Thanks / Like

Updated Post #1 Please read!

Updated Post #1 Please read!

I have put a lot of thought into this for sometime now. Not going to get into detail why.

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123