Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Used MK3 Rebuild Springfield Mo

Post Thanks / Like

Used MK3 Rebuild Springfield Mo

New member to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 MK3 that has been assembled but is still in Gel Coat and is missing a few small items here and there that are not essential to being able to drive the car. The car runs great and has a nice motor and running gear but all the small details like wiring, gauges, hood and trunk lid fitting etc etc are really in rough shape and were installed in a very hurried up fashion with no attention to detail. I plan on tearing it back down and having the frame powder coated. I plan to detail all the parts and put it back together. Hopefully I can get the assembly directions and other information for the MK3 from Factory Five. I plan on giving them a call tomorrow and seeing if I can buy the literature for my cobra. Anyway I am excited to be a part of the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your rebuild.

If you are ever up St. Louis way, give us a call. We're putting our 2015 calendar together now and we meet the second Tuesday of each month.
    Gateway Cobra Club of St. Louis
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.Good luck on your build. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the forum.

I'm in springfield as well. I pm'd you my contact info.

Mike M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the Red primered frame car? Good luck with the rebuild. Nice (bones) to start with.
    Mike

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kyle,

Congratulations! You have a great project car to start your build. Just in case you haven't planned to do this, be sure to take hundreds of pictures as you are tearing down. Label everything including bolts such as suspension bolts. It will help to know which way front to back or back to front it was installed. It will be next to impossible to remember these small details. I mention this because the manual will not give all the details and may not show exactly how the builder did your car for a certain task. It's also possible that you may choose to change a particular subassembly for an upgraded version but it's still nice to have the pics for reference. Hope you enjoy your journey. It's a little different than usual but should be great fun. Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046