Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE APRIL 3: 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Official Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    David (LuckyWinner),

I have a long board for you.

We've never sold out but we do NOT have the pier plaza or upper beach parking we've had in the past so it is possible we will sell out. If you are having issues related to registering (timing) let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks David!!!! Now to see if my old wet suit will still fit me, even if it does....it might just fall apart after sitting in my closet for 10 years. lol. Never ridden a long board but has to be easier than my 5'6" Bruce Jones I used to have. Trying to get my roadster all completed and have time to shake it out a little before trying to drive it there from Arizona.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday Cruise info!!

Hi folks,

We'll be doing the Sunday Cruise up Ortega for those interested. We'll stage just off the freeway in San Juan off the 74 at 10:30 and then leave at 11:00am and head up for lunch! They will be waiting for us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I missed it last year and missed not going all year. Can’t make it this year because I will be in week 6 of a 3 month recovery from another spinal surgery.

But next year,

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Moment of Thunder in Huntington Beach 2012

I am still building my Coupe - but I will be there to get more ideas and meet all of the people again.

Here's a look at the last Moment of Thunder in 2012
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be working my tail off to be there with my complete car. Hoping to bring a customers kit as well that we just threw a Vortech on.
    MKIV #8341 Grabber Blue with Satin Black Trim - 302 w/AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley 750 DP, TKO 500, 3.27 8.8 - Car made 320rwhp w/250 miles on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son lives in Santa Ana. I just booked my flight to be down there for the weekend. We will be coming as spectators. I am planning on ordering my Roadster in December, so I am planning to check out cars, getting some ideas and meet some builders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all! New guy here looking at maybe purchasing a factory five roadster or coupe. I live in Nebraska and haven't seen any in person yet. I will actually be in San Diego that weekend for a family wedding. Since the wedding is Saturday, I doubt I will be able to attend the show sadly. I was just wondering if there were any other meet ups in San Diego Friday night or stops early that Saturday morning?? It would be awesome to see some in person. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be there! Cancelled business plans just so we can be a part of this. Scoopy will stay home, but work in progress coupy will be there along with mini coupy. Surprise celebrity Dan Z will be joining too! LOL.
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Build thread: HERE
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim, there are a few owners in San diego, but if you can't find one to hook up, you are welcome to come up to temescal Valley and see our team. We are just a couple miles north of lake elsinore. Sunday AM would be open for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tim, I'm having a big BBQ at my house in Newport Beach on Friday Night if you want to come up for that...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike n Julie,

Good to hear you two are going to be there after all . . . guess I'll have to increase the amount of "refreshment" I was planning on bringing so you guys are well taken care of.
    But . . . if you win allll the awards again this year, next year, you're buyin' LOL!
    See Ys there.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave Hodgkins: another one of your famous party's on Fri. ?
    I need to see if Melinda is up for this and if I even have permission (heading into unemployment but not till August.)
    You should start the headcount NOW.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA_Cobra View Post
    Dave Hodgkins: another one of your famous party's on Fri. ?
    I need to see if Melinda is up for this and if I even have permission (heading into unemployment but not till August.)
    You should start the headcount NOW.
    Yep, Party Friday! I'll start a thread.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Giving this thread a bump. ONLY EIGHT WEEKS UNTIL THE FUN!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68GT500MAN View Post
    Giving this thread a bump. ONLY EIGHT WEEKS UNTIL THE FUN!
    Doug
    Bummer for me! Had some minor surgery this week for skin cancer on my back and get more cut out in two weeks. That 4 weeks with stitches in me and they want me to "refrain from heavy lifting, twisting or flexing" my back. Yeah, right! I have a roadster I want to start before HB!!

Post Thanks / Like
    David I feel for you. I had a small tumor removed from my lower back on December 31st. Eleven stiches and similar "restrictions" on what I could do. The good news was that the pathology report came back that the margins were all clean. It is still tender, but I can work on the cars.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Only SEVEN weeks until the show! Have you registered yet?
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making the trek down from Alberta Canada again this year. Looking forward to doing some local cruising this year. I am bringing the Spyder.

Troy Rieder
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    IF someone where considering coming... does the event still have room for another car? IF this person can get away for the weekend what motel's are people staying at?
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Always room for more cars. Factory Five has a discount rate at the Shorebreak Hotel. Located right at the event.
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Post Thanks / Like
    Ralph, I am staying at a Best Western on Beach Blvd., a very short drive to the event and a great price. Less than SIX weeks to go!
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlang731 View Post
    Hello all! New guy here looking at maybe purchasing a factory five roadster or coupe. I live in Nebraska and haven't seen any in person yet. I will actually be in San Diego that weekend for a family wedding. Since the wedding is Saturday, I doubt I will be able to attend the show sadly. I was just wondering if there were any other meet ups in San Diego Friday night or stops early that Saturday morning?? It would be awesome to see some in person. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
    Tim, I live just east of San Diego in El Cajon. I will be home cleaning my Roadster on Friday nite before the event, so come on by. 619-571-0573

Marty
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else having trouble registering for the 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-in? I've tried to click on the web page " Register now "button but nothing happens. Jim
    Mk3.1 Complete kit #6846 Delv. 12/20/08-- Finished 2/11/11, 89 302 EFI,T-5, 3-Link, 17" Halibrands, Nitto 555 245-315 tires, widened drivers footbox w/ dead pedal, extended passengers footbox,Sapphire Blue Met & Wimbledon White stripes,radiator stone guard shield, Build blog http://jimsffrcobrabuild.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Try going to the FFR website and click on the "parts" tab. You should be able to do it there, if not just give them a call.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to get down there....Trans still out for repair, want to install and run it around a little be for a big trip to Cali. Might miss again this year, not happy.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on to the show even without a car. I have had several prospective owner/builders over at the house this month that I invited to come and look at all of the cars.
    Doug

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrajj View Post
    Anybody else having trouble registering for the 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-in? I've tried to click on the web page " Register now "button but nothing happens. Jim
    Try this page: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/2015...ril-25th-2015/

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Holy Shimmolies it's LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!

ACK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, found it in the parts catalog. I forgot since last year.
    Mk3.1 Complete kit #6846 Delv. 12/20/08-- Finished 2/11/11, 89 302 EFI,T-5, 3-Link, 17" Halibrands, Nitto 555 245-315 tires, widened drivers footbox w/ dead pedal, extended passengers footbox,Sapphire Blue Met & Wimbledon White stripes,radiator stone guard shield, Build blog http://jimsffrcobrabuild.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Only FOUR weeks until the fun starts!
    Doug

Ricardo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Smith
    I have a suggestion for an other trophy class; Best build with a donor, isn't that the core of FFR business, at least it was when I bought my kit over 9 years ago.
    i attended 5 or 6 of this events, and always had a good time, but when the judges pass any doner build car they seem to brush it off, over the non donors.
    Thank you for making all of our dreams become reality. FFR kits are the best in the industry.
    Ricardo
    Last edited by rdelae; 03-30-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP-ONLY THREE WEEKS UNTIL THIS GREAT SHOW
    Doug

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ricardo - that's a great idea about "The Best Under Construction" class. I'll run it by Dave and Tony. I know Dave is working on an HB update that will be posted soon.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

Raffle Prizes Added & VIP Guests, 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In

Factory Five partner companies have sweetened the pot for FFR owners at the 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In with some great raffle prizes. Anyone who registers and attends the event will be eligible for the following prizes.

Click here to sign-up for the event.

Sponsors & Raffle Prizes

Our host hotel is giving away one (1) deluxe overnight waterfront stay at the famous Shorebreak Hotel in downtown Huntington Beach and a $50 gift certificate to their restaurant Zimzala. Total gift value is $350!

Mothers Car Car Products is offering a deluxe bucket of car care and detailing supplies valued at $150!

The crew at Ford Racing is donating a goodie bag of Ford Racing apparel and fun stuff valued at over $100!

Our partner company KONI Shocks is donating a $500 gift certificate towards any KONI product along with KONI promotional goodies.

The staff at Hot Rod Magazine is donating complimentary subscriptions and one-of-a-kind swag not available through purchase.

Our friends at Wilwood are offering a $200 gift certificate as well as assorted Wilwood branded shirts and hats.

Everyone who registers with a car will receive a Factory Five goodie bag which includes a t-shirt, Mothers Car Care samples, and raffle tickets. You must be present at 2:00 PM during the award presentation to win one of the raffle prizes.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meet Our Special Guests – 11 AM – Noon

Pete Brock - Everyone knows Peter Brock for a different reason. To historic Corvette fans he’s the guy who penned the lines of the original Sting Ray racer and by extension the ’63 Corvette “split window”. To Cobra fans meanwhile, Peter’s the guy who took the brick-like Shelby Cobra roadster and turned it into the slippery Cobra Daytona Coupe – the first American car to grab the FIA’s GT World Championship in 1965.

Pete will be available for autographs from 11:00 AM to Noon on Main Street at the Factory Five tent.

Allen Grant – Allen earned his reputation as a winning international sports car driver, competing for Shelby American. Allen is a member of the world-champion Shelby-Ford-Cobra Racing Team that won the 1965 FIA World Championship with the famous Cobra “Daytona” Coupe.

Allen will be available for autographs from 11 AM to Noon on Main Street at the Factory Five tent.

Jo Coddington – Jo Coddington is considered by many to be the “Queen of Hot Rods.” To others she is the “Duchess of the Dragstrip,” but when speaking to Jo directly she said, “I just wanna be known as a car girl,” this down to earth, “car girl” attitude has been one of the propelling trademarks of Jo’s personality.

Among many notable accomplishments, Jo appeared on “American Hot Rod” with her husband Boyd. Most recently, Jo joined industry women on “Detroit Muscle” building a 427-powered Factory Five Mk4 Roadster.

Jo will be available for autographs from 11 AM to Noon on Main Street at the Factory Five tent.

To get more details or to register for the 205 Huntington Beach Cruise-In, click here.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, we are working hard to get there... in the shop till 10-11 most every work evening trying to get the Mistress II done. The Mistress thing goes WAY back, but Mary coined that on #1046 due to the long hours spent in the garage building her.

While we have run into a few self imposed snags, things are coming along fairly well. If you think of it, send positive vibes our way so we get her finished and I can drive it down for the event.

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave it would be great to have you and Mary at the event. For anyone on the fence, the show is only TWO WEEKS away!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey All
    looking at a future 33 HR build and will be coming to HB for the show to check out the cars and talk to the owners
    Is there a parking garage/structure or public parking near the site?
    if so where? and best access?
    thanks and hope to talk to all there.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin, there should be some fine 33's at this years show. There is public parking on the streets (metered) and a large public parking lot across PCH from the show. I look forward to seeing you there.
    Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast