Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My journey to Mecca . . . well Maricopa actually, to meet the legend himself!

Post Thanks / Like

My journey to Mecca . . . well Maricopa actually, to meet the legend himself!

Because I live only 60 miles away, yesterday I took a short trip to meet with Gordon Levy of Levy Racing. (A forum vender). He was as advertised: extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly. I greatly appreciated that he would take time out of his Sunday morning (on Superbowl Sunday no less!) to help me. We reviewed my plan, my goals, and my ideas. After learning what I was trying to do, he helped me work through the various components that I had chosen, and suggested a lot of alternatives. He really helped me to focus on where I should spend my money, and what items were not necessary for my particular purpose. Long story short: he helped me find ways to design a better build quality at lower overall cost.

After meeting Gordon, it is very clear why he is such a trusted member of this community. Thank you Gordon for taking your time to educate another neophyte. I look forward to working with you in the future.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 02-04-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gordon is an incredible resource for the car hobby.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Great advise, always helpful, always answering his phone, always cheerful. I will be making the drive to his shop in about a month to pick up one of his Super Alloy Trans. Cant wait to meet you in person Gordon!!!
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... and here I thought this was going to be a Bob Bondurant thread.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    Gordon is an incredible resource for the car hobby.
    I will second that! He is a great resource and always willing to help! He is currently building a rear axle for me and I look forward to using him for other resources during my build. Thanks Gordon!