Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: radiator prep warning

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy radiator prep warning

Heads up guys, when you cut off the little mounting bracket on the radiator, do not attempt to cut it back near flush. Was just getting ready for my first start today and discovered this as I filled the radiator.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Nice of you to share and save someone else the grief.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, i was pretty irritated last night, but hopefully someone else doesn't make the same mistake. In the grand scheme of the build, this is an easy one to fix at this stage. New radiator will arrive tomorrow and should be a quick swap and first start on Friday night or Saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3m product

Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Heads up guys, when you cut off the little mounting bracket on the radiator, do not attempt to cut it back near flush. Was just getting ready for my first start today and discovered this as I filled the radiator.

3m makes a product called Dura Mix its a 2 part epoxy that will fix holes and cracks in plastic radiator, gas tanks Ive even used it to fix striped spark plug holes (temporary). Good to 500 degrees if I remember. cartridge # is 4747 but you need to buy the self mixing cartridge calking type gun.Sets up really quick and you can sand,grind drill or tap in minutes. Pretty cool stuff.