FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 hot rod front and rear bumper requirements for IL title and registration

Post Thanks / Like

Question 33 hot rod front and rear bumper requirements for IL title and registration

I have reviewed the Illinois registration requirements for "special constructed vehicles". Front and rear bumpers are required. I am purchasing a '33 Ford coupe with bike fenders. I am considering '33 bumpers, but I am not too excited about these, especially on the front. What have others used to meet IL state license requirements?

Post Thanks / Like
    No bumpers and no fenders. Father in law just registered his last year in IL. IL website at that point was out of date and worthless, so unless they have updated it, you can pretty much ignore it. I'll see if i can find the phone number for the guy at the secretary of states office you need to call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your quick response and good news that bumpers are not required in Illinois.

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't find the name after a quick search, but if I recall correctly, there was 1 "go to" guy that they will automatically reference you to when you call the general vehicle services number. He will mail you a packet of forms and information he needs back from you to complete the process.
    http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/contact_us/home.html