FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front turn signals light up when brake is depressed?

Post Thanks / Like

Front turn signals light up when brake is depressed?

I have #600 delivered October 2013 and having an issue with my lights.

I just finished putting the car back together and noticed that when I depress the brake pedal, my front turn signals light up along with the rear brakes lights.
    All the lights works as they should, except for this. I never noticed it doing this before when driving the car prior to paint, but I also didn't drive it much at night.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Check for missing or bad ground. If I remember correctly, there is on at the steering column. Try grounding each light at its source to help narrow it down. Its possible that something is amiss in the column too.

Mike

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check in the 33 forum. There is a wire you must cut to stop this near the column. I forget which one , but I read it in the 33 forum before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Charles,

If not a ground, sounds like this might be an issue with the wiring. Did you follow the instructions in the 1Z manual? Disconnecting the purple wire on the brake switch? Also, in the dash harness, did you cut the yellow and white rear turn signal wires off the turn signal connectors that are for the dash turn signal so the turn signal lights do not feed and light the front turn signals when the brakes are pressed.

Jack
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked and the manual version I have is 1T and this update I guess is I. Version 1Z. In this manual it says to cut the white wire for the rig rear turn signal. It doesn't say anything about cutting the yellow for the left rear.

Do I cut them both? Do I cut these on the main harness side of the connector or on the dash harness side?image.jpgimage.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help. The problem is now fixed and yes I needed to cut the white and yellow rear turn light wires. I was a bit confused as these wires were not hooked up to anything as they are used for the cobra application... since they have added the column harness for the 33. I called FFR to confirm which wires and where to cut it. Here is a pic of the wires I cut...only cut the yellow and white but do not cut the blue or green.

Thanks again for your help!Yellow and white wires cut.JPG