Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What are you looking for? I am here to help.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you looking for? I am here to help.

Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to put a feeler out there to the group and see what everyone is looking for? Tracking down parts is not always the most fun thing to do for a lot of people, and I am always here to help.

Drop me a PM or comment, or just give me a call.

Happy building all,

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone

Post Thanks / Like
    I need some serious global warming, spent a couple hours prepping for a severe snow storm and it gets damn cold here in Maine. Hard to heat the garage and spend hrs working on the car.

On a serious note: Erik's provided parts for my build, great service, communication and prices too
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like

lost a part - got one of these?

I think this part must have been tossed at some point. I'm ready for it but can't find it. Anyone got an extra?

TransLink.JPG

Thanks in advance.
    818S - #200

"To finish first, you must first finish"
    "If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow." -Ross Bentley
    "Never run out of real estate, ideas and traction at the same time."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thall818 View Post
    I think this part must have been tossed at some point. I'm ready for it but can't find it. Anyone got an extra?

TransLink.JPG

Thanks in advance.
    I used Rori's shift lever that works with the K-tuned shifter, so I didn't need that part. I'm pretty sure it's still somewhere in the garage. I'll check this evening and if I do, happy to send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a suggestion. Find/make an adapter to allow the STI trans to be fitted to a V8. They handle over 500 hp in the rally cars and if they can be fitted in an 818 as a mid engine. there are many applications for this set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    I have a suggestion. Find/make an adapter to allow the STI trans to be fitted to a V8. They handle over 500 hp in the rally cars and if they can be fitted in an 818 as a mid engine. there are many applications for this set up.
    I second that. I can't seem to find an LS1/3/7->Subaru 6speed adapter plate anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thall818 View Post

TransLink.JPG

Thanks in advance.
    Found it! Just PM me if you want it.

Lee

GS guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    I second that. I can't seem to find an LS1/3/7->Subaru 6speed adapter plate anywhere.
    http://www.subarugears.com/Adaptors/Adaptors.html

I understand this kit is still in the trials phase, seems the jury is still out whether the Suby 6-speed can really handle LS torque or not (or for how long). But here's the adapter!

Post Thanks / Like
    With current exchange rates it is about $1189 for the adapter. Not awful. Thank you for the link. I think I will order one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love the Aussies

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would NOT recommend the STI transaxle against the V8. They will not hold the torque nearly as well as some other options out there. Are you thinking of putting this into the 818? I have several options that would be pretty competitive and hold up far better.

Erik

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your weather wooos Dan, I hope that it does not last long for you guys. Thanks for the kind words.

I am always here to help.

Erik

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add my kind words as well. After hunting in vain for over a year for an appropriate Quaife LSD for my 818 project, I ordered one from Erik over the phone a couple of weeks ago. It was on my doorstep three days later. Nice price, too. Good job, good source!

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik, spill the beans....what do you got up your sleeve?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the intention is to mate a adequate gearbox to the LS platform, then I would recommend using the 996 gearbox inverted. This has proven to be a extremely strong gearbox, stronger than even I had first anticipated. It has been shown to handle HP and Torque in excess of 650 each. I have a complete setup that is quite impressive in both durability as well as price. It may be a bit more expensive than the Subaru option, but in my opinion it will last far better, and give a much better feel and performance.

I would be happy to discuss cost and capability in more detail with anyone who might be interested. The best news of all is that the gearbox itself is brand new directly from the Getrag factory.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the intention is to mate a adequate gearbox to the LS platform, then I would recommend using the 996 gearbox inverted. This has proven to be a extremely strong gearbox, stronger than even I had first anticipated. It has been shown to handle HP and Torque in excess of 650 each. I have a complete setup that is quite impressive in both durability as well as price. It may be a bit more expensive than the Subaru option, but in my opinion it will last far better, and give a much better feel and performance.

I would be happy to discuss cost and capability in more detail with anyone who might be interested. The best news of all is that the gearbox itself is brand new directly from the Getrag factory.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone