BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe heat and AC

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe heat and AC

Hello, trying to mock up my dash and figure out where everything is going. I'm working on the AC now and can not for the life of me figure out how to mount the evap box and route all the hoses? I have the FFR vintage air kit (Gen 1 coupe). I have the unit mounted but when I put the defroster duct on the passengers side of the dash it come down right on top of the 3 holes. I can't seem to see how you guys get this to fit? I have seen several pics of the units installed but none with the ducts attached. If anyone has any of those that might help. I did see an idea about making a troff for he defroster and only having one duct so that's an idea too.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordolet View Post
    Hello, trying to mock up my dash and figure out where everything is going. I'm working on the AC now and can not for the life of me figure out how to mount the evap box and route all the hoses? I have the FFR vintage air kit (Gen 1 coupe). I have the unit mounted but when I put the defroster duct on the passengers side of the dash it come down right on top of the 3 holes. I can't seem to see how you guys get this to fit? I have seen several pics of the units installed but none with the ducts attached. If anyone has any of those that might help. I did see an idea about making a troff for he defroster and only having one duct so that's an idea too.
    I am building a gen 2. I had the same problem. It is very tight. I ended up deleting the heater hoses and just running defrost and vents. I can have the heat come out either one. Of course I live in Florida and heat is not used much here . LOL. Check out my build thread it may help. Also check out other threads it was a help to me.