FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction from Southern Maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction from Southern Maryland

Hello fellow builders,

This is my first time doing an intro on a forum. Being a professional lurker, I figured it was finally time to come out.

I am 63 and retired. My first real build was a Vans RV-6 in 1991, which I test flew in 1996 and put 600 hours of flying time on in the next 5 years. Sept 11, 2001 put a major crimp on the flying in the D.C. metro area, so I sold the plane. My next build was my childhood dream car, a 23 "T", that I plans built. Took me 12 years because I kept running out of money, time and desire.
    I have ordered a FFR 33 Ford and it will be delivered in March. I have been reading both of the forums and see that there are a lot of good people parting with a lot of great information. I am going to be running full fenders and top and I see there are going to be some challenges to ride height and quality to keep the wife happy
    A friend and fellow RV-6 builder will be getting his MKIV delivered the same week as mine. We are looking forward to a fun build!

Hope to be able to give back(at least part) of what I get on this forum.

Thanks, Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun house you and your friend are going to have a blast. The forum members here will always help, but remember the rules

No pictures or video it didn't happen

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron for the kind words. I'll try to get some pic's up when the build starts. Can't wait to deal with the Maryland MVA

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Roger