Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction / newbie....

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction / newbie....

Hi Guys...

I'm a former business owner.... that re-manufactured clutches, brakes, air compressors and industrial friction for trucks and industrial equipment... been riding a Honda Goldwing for the past 28 years... several hundred thousand miles... and now spend my time between volunteering, and living in two homes....

I've had a itch to build a 33 Hot Rod... but I'm a big guy... actually found a Cobra Replica guy in Salem Or that makes all his units 4" wider and 4" longer in the cab when he makes his fiberglass bodies because all his customers are just bigger than the drivers who raced those cars....

I'm out in the country from Casa Grande AZ in the winter.... and would love to find a local (Phoenix to Tucson) 33 either under construction to view... or one to sit in and see if I fit...

And if someone was close... and needed a hand... I'd be happy to pitch in...

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jim, I have several FFR's here including a 33 you can see. I am about 30 miles west of you in Maricopa. Feel free to give me a call at 520-494-2745.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Gordon is a good source for sure, and Dan Ruth has built a few '33s there in AZ. Look for his write-up on the Hot Rod Lincoln, or his "Dangerous Curves" thread in the '33 section.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Gordon.... as soon as the Game is over and the weather clears your on my list of things to do.... I'll head that way on the Wing.... of course I'll call first or contact you by email...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and the community. Gordon will take good care of you and has developed many great ways to spend your money.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I know how you feel.I'm not that small either. Roger