Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shielded (coaxial?) wire

Post Thanks / Like

Shielded (coaxial?) wire

From the DBW pedal to the ECU are 6 wires and one (#6 red) is a shielded wire, like a coaxial audio cable but much smaller gauge. I didn't realize that wire was special when I extended the DBW wires which caused a limp code and lots of confusion, cussing, headaches, a new pedal and time. Now I need to replace that wire but I cannot find similar coaxial wire at Radio Shack, Waytech or Dell City. Anyone know where I can buy that shielded wire?
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pete
    Here is some from digikey

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...-30-ND/5023062

It's like 40 bucks for 100 ft.
    I spliced mine to make it the correct length.

Remember that you need a pedal stop with the DBW pedal. Or you will jump into limp mode if you put the pedal down to far.
    Bobs_pedal_ stops.jpg

Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-12-2015 at 02:25 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    If you stripped down your donor harness you could use parts from the donor if its still available. If not what bob said would also work. Talking about the donor section between the main engine plugs and the black and blue connector, the DBW wires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Bob. I ordered the shielded wire from Digikey. I'll soon have 30 meters and I'll use about 3 meters so if anyone sees this post and needs some, PM me.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up some shielded cable from Home Depot that works well. I extended my ecu wires by about 5 feet with no problems at all - it runs great. As I recall, I used some 2-conductor signal cable and some 4-conductor. Make sure to solder the shielding too when you put it all together.