So, I am baffled. Everyone seems to think that IRS is the comfort option and the better suspension. However, I have talked to the folks at Factory Five and have been told by them that the three link suspension is far superior, that it has been significantly more engineered and that it is a better ride than the IRS.
I've been told that by two of their employees. This afternoon, I was told that the IRS is equivalent to a 1970's corvette and the 3-link is equivalent to a 2014 mustang. Everytime I have told them my intended use (road cruising, looking for comfort with the edge towards performance) I have been hurried away from any ideas of the IRS and told the three link is the way to go. I was also told this afternoon that they are in discussions to improve the IRS ride quality and reengineer it. When I pressed for more info the employee wouldn't give me any more. Strange. I am not sure what to think about this but it seems that what their website and marketing information says about the IRS is the opposite of what everyone who works there says.