FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trailer parking at Huntington Beach?

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer parking at Huntington Beach?

Suggestions anyone?

I have a charity benefit I cannot miss in Norcal on Friday night. I have not yet given up on making the trek to Huntington Beach but driving my MKIV all night may be asking a little too much. I am considering trailering it down in the comfort of my pickup leaving Norcal at 10:30-11pm. Should put me there around 4:30-5am. Suggestions on where to park a trailer and make it to Huntington by 8am?

The plan is not unprecedented - I did two road trips to the Bat Cave in September and December for paint. I left NorCal at 7pm getting there around 2am. Yes, I am feeling 25 again with all the crazy road trips!

Shout out some advice!

Thanks
    Kevin
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheekev View Post
    Suggestions anyone?

I have a charity benefit I cannot miss in Norcal on Friday night. I have not yet given up on making the trek to Huntington Beach but driving my MKIV all night may be asking a little too much. I am considering trailering it down in the comfort of my pickup leaving Norcal at 10:30-11pm. Should put me there around 4:30-5am. Suggestions on where to park a trailer and make it to Huntington by 8am?

The plan is not unprecedented - I did two road trips to the Bat Cave in September and December for paint. I left NorCal at 7pm getting there around 2am. Yes, I am feeling 25 again with all the crazy road trips!

Shout out some advice!

Thanks
    Kevin
    David Hodgkins usually makes arrangements with his neighbors for trailer parking on his block. You might try reaching out to him....

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I PM'ed David - trying to make this happen!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    David Hodgkins usually makes arrangements with his neighbors for trailer parking on his block. You might try reaching out to him....

Ray
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I am staying at a hotel just up Beach Blvd. from the PCH. You could pull in there and drive over to the show.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an idea that will be less wear and tear on your body, but more expensive. Drive the car down a few days ahead (maybe a week) and fly home. Then fly back early on Saturday morning. it's probably easier to park the roadster by itself... Hope you can make it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way you think but I that overextends my hall pass... I'm good for 2 days with my wife covering all the stuff going on with our 4 kids.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Here's an idea that will be less wear and tear on your body, but more expensive. Drive the car down a few days ahead (maybe a week) and fly home. Then fly back early on Saturday morning. it's probably easier to park the roadster by itself... Hope you can make it!
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard from David Hodgkins and yes, he has trailer parking available and he is getting permission from the city again as he has done in the past years.

Yeah, I good now - thank you David!. I will have to roll in in stealth mode at 5am and take a nap before the festivities...

Kevin
    Graduation Thread