Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trailer Parking for Huntington Beach event?

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer Parking for Huntington Beach event?

Cross-posting in the So-Cal forum...

Suggestions anyone?

I have a charity benefit I cannot miss in Norcal on Friday night. I have not yet given up on making the trek to Huntington Beach but driving my MKIV all night may be asking a little too much. I am considering trailering it down in the comfort of my pickup leaving Norcal at 10:30-11pm. Should put me there around 4:30-5am. Suggestions on where to park a trailer and make it to Huntington by 8am?

The plan is not unprecedented - I did two road trips to the Bat Cave in September and December for paint. I left NorCal at 7pm getting there around 2am. Yes, I am feeling 25 again with all the crazy road trips!

Shout out some advice!

Thanks
    Kevin
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    There's usually plenty of parking on the adjacent streets early in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be staying overnight with some of the other NorCal guys and there isn't space for the truck/trailer where we're going to be. As a result, I have to find somewhere to park it from Saturday morning early until about noon on Sunday...

Thanks for the info though...

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    There's usually plenty of parking on the adjacent streets early in the morning.
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a Walmart parking lot? Or do they only allow beat up RV's with shag carpet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning on leaving Friday in the early morning. It will be great to see you and the car at the show. Best, Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kevin,

You have a spot at my house. Which reminds me, I gotta get down to the city for the permits.

The only hitch is that you could be unloading a bit early for comfort. How quiet is your car? How quiet can you be when you offload?

Is there any chance you can stop by my place for some early morning coffee and breakfast to kill some time? I'll be up anyway.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you David, very much appreciated! I am sensitive to the noise thing and definitely will wait until reasonable hours. Coffee in the morning sounds fantastic! Just let me know what time. If I get there really early I will probably just park and take a nap in the truck. Thanks again... I will PM you my phone number just in case you need it...

Thank you again!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Kevin,

You have a spot at my house. Which reminds me, I gotta get down to the city for the permits.

The only hitch is that you could be unloading a bit early for comfort. How quiet is your car? How quiet can you be when you offload?

Is there any chance you can stop by my place for some early morning coffee and breakfast to kill some time? I'll be up anyway.

Graduation Thread