Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member in Nebraska!

Post Thanks / Like

New member in Nebraska!

Hello all!

I have been checking out these kits for a while now. I will probably end up pulling the trigger on a kit after I'm done with my master's program. I think it would be a really fun project for my father and myself. I've been looking at the roadster and the 65 coupe models.

However, I have never seen one of these cars in person. I did see an 818 at the Denver thanksgiving day auto show. It was pretty awesome. Just wished there was a full lineup to look at.

And finally...I'm a chevy guy. Haha so I know there will be talk of blasphemy. Probably end up with LS power in the car I go with.

In the meantime, I would love to see some other cars in person and talk to some owners around the midwest area since I live in Nebraska. I'm excited to start looking more closely at the details and start saving funds for a fun project!

Tim

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum. It won't do any harm to lurk and read as much as possible in your spare time. I learn something every time I'm on here. You can't really go wrong with any of the FFR offerings. I would caution you to consult with your dad to decide what you plan for the project. Not the build plan but your plan for using the car. That can in itself help guide you to your dream car project. My mother must have seen a Cobra when she was pregnant with me because it left a lifelong imprint on my soul. If you are like that, then the roadster or coupe would be the way to go. When you formulate your plan of action: stick with it! Document it either digitally or on paper and refer to it often. BTW, I was a Chevy or nothing guy too: all BBC except for one 350. When I got the roadster, I went with the 302. Ford made a wonderful small block when they designed that engine. Chevy is still cheaper to build, especially, the LS's (great technology and bang for the buck). Just curious, are you going to wait until you're finished with your education or will you and dad start sooner?

Good luck on your journey,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. A LS powered car would be one nice ride.Roger