FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New guy from northwest NJ

Post Thanks / Like

New guy from northwest NJ

I've been browsing around the forum for a while; it's impressive, lots of great information available.

I sold a car late last year so I have some cash in the bank. I'll be ordering a coupe in a couple of weeks once ski season winds down. And the temperature starts going up, no heat in the garage. Single digits or less here in the mornings.

I still own my first car. A 1971 Mach 1 that I’ve put well over 100,000 miles on. I bought that car in 1984.

I’m excited about building the coupe but have two worries. One is the registration/title process in NJ. The other is hood clearance. I want to rob the fuel injected 351 Windsor from my 1988 Mustang to use in the coupe but the intake manifold is tall and wide. It will be a problem but I’ll figure something out.

Harold

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hgcars View Post
    I've been browsing around the forum for a while; it's impressive, lots of great information available.

I sold a car late last year so I have some cash in the bank. I'll be ordering a coupe in a couple of weeks once ski season winds down. And the temperature starts going up, no heat in the garage. Single digits or less here in the mornings.

I still own my first car. A 1971 Mach 1 that I’ve put well over 100,000 miles on. I bought that car in 1984.

I’m excited about building the coupe but have two worries. One is the registration/title process in NJ. The other is hood clearance. I want to rob the fuel injected 351 Windsor from my 1988 Mustang to use in the coupe but the intake manifold is tall and wide. It will be a problem but I’ll figure something out.

Harold
    Harold,

Where in northwest, NJ are you located? There are several coupe and roadster owners west of RT23 and north of RT80 that I am certain can assist you. Watch for the posting for the monthly breakfast at the Chesterhills Diner (RT206 in Chester, NJ).

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I'm in Newton.

I've seen the Chester Diner Breakfast posts but haven't been able to get to one yet. I hope to be able to soon.

Harold

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Roger.

I ordered my coupe today.

Post Thanks / Like
    This Sunday is the monthly Cobra breakfast in Chester...........Just a straight shot down RT206 from Newton, just watch out for that dreaded 35mph zone just past Lackawanna Drive and RT183/RT80 split.........

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA