Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door latches/strikers

Post Thanks / Like

Door latches/strikers

Trying to figure this out: The FFR assembly directions for the door latches/strikers claim the re-use of OEM latches and fasteners. Then we are instructed to use the "supplied countersunk screws" to attach the door latch to the frame. Well, my Subaru saved screws are too short and I can't find any kit supplied countersunk screws. I also had to trim the latch mechanisms to fit into the door frames. Do I need to purchase some screws? Any ideas/experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    They ended up changing to supplied hex head screws to meet some requirement. Most of us ended up purchasing our own countersunk screws.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    check out waynes tips in the sticky - post 57

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...351#post187351
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    In order to lessen the gap between the door skin and the door jam (side sail), I cut a hole in the fiberglass of the side sail and mounted the striker directly on the steel striker mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoretta View Post
    In order to lessen the gap between the door skin and the door jam (side sail), I cut a hole in the fiberglass of the side sail and mounted the striker directly on the steel striker mount.
    you don't have to do that if you mount the striker as far as you can towards the center of the car due to how the hinges are placed relative to the latch location. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-Thread/page20

I'd read the entire page, back and forth with several builders etc... Aloha818 and I finally got what I think gives the best soln, see video at post 784, you can do them w/o cutting a chunk of door or relieving the side panel skin for the latches

I would also second reading Wayne's tips, really helps to locate the latches illuminating from behind. Like most of the areas of the car using the thoughts, tips etc from others helps immensely, couldn't build the car w/o the forum
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 03-10-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14